- Country: USA
- Vacancies No: N/A
- Salary: N/A
- No of Jobs: N/A
- Education: Bachelor’s degree
- Experience: N/A
- Gender: Both
RESPONSIBILITIES: Based on intern skills and experience, responsibilities may include a combination of program support, administrative/data support, and direct service:
- Create resources for the SBDC team and its clients, such as FAQ sheets and analysis of business opportunities, through analyzing past program data and researching current trends and opportunities.
- Assist with facilitating the City of San Diego Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) program
- Develop marketing and outreach materials, and collect success stories
- Enter data and track outcomes through the IRC’s Efforts to Outcomes (ETO) & Neoserra databases
- Monitor outcome pipeline for current client businesses
- Conduct outreach initiatives to current and new clients, and assist in collecting follow up information for past clients
- Assist with intake and support of walk-in clients, and assist clients with intake and application process for obtaining business loans
- Provide program support for Business Women in Action program via outreach, class setup, and monitoring and evaluation
- A good understanding of social media marketing techniques is desired. Social media require excellent writing, communication and computer skills.
- Gain insight into the implementation of a microenterprise program and the workings of a grassroots Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI).
- Learn how microenterprise programs track outcomes and measure success
- Learn about the refugee resettlement process and needs of refugee entrepreneurs.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline (business, communication, economics, finance, public policy, public administration, social work, social sciences) or outstanding current undergraduate pursuing a relevant degree.
- Experience with both administrative work and direct service with diverse populations
- Excellent organization skills, strong communication and interpersonal skills, and ability to effectively collaborate
- English fluency required, proficiency in a refugee language (Arabic, Farsi, Swahili, Vietnamese, Spanish, Creole, Karen, Burmese, Somali) a plus
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office, MS Excel, and MS Outlook.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in the USA, please click here: UN jobs in the USA