- Country: USA
- Vacancies No: N/A
- Salary: N/A
- No of Jobs: N/A
- Education: Bachelor’s degree
- Experience: 1 year
- Gender: Both
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Identify, curate, and develop maternal and child health education and health literacy materials from reputable sources for effective health education campaigns.
- Co-develop a community outreach plan to promote maternal and child health education workshops and project services.
- Coordinate all aspects of maternal and child health education workshops including securing location, arranging beneficiary transportation, interpretation, and participation incentives.
- Ensure client eligibility by securing documents and completing enrollment application.
- Create and maintain partnerships with community-based organizations, medical providers, child-care centers, early childhood education, and social service organizations.
- Schedule medical appointments, provide medical advocacy, and secure transportation for beneficiaries.
- Ensure project participants are adhering to their medical plans of care prescribed by health professionals.
- Refer and enroll beneficiaries in mainstream social services.
- Maintain inventory, collect, and distribute donations.
- Facilitate and conduct activities designed to gather data about maternal and child health knowledge, attitudes, and practices.
- Maintain up-to-date documentation in clients’ case files and ensure services are properly documented in required databases.
- Ensure client confidentiality and abide by federal, state, and local government privacy guidelines.
- Participate in monthly meetings with project leads across the IRC network and Arizona to share strategies on project deliverables, discuss best practices, and tackle challenges.
- Comply with all IRC policies, procedures, and protocols including adherence to the IRC Way and Child Safeguarding.
- Other duties as assigned.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Health Promotion Supervisor
Position directly supervises: Interns and volunteers within program
Indirect Reporting: Senior Health Program Manager, IRC HQ
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: IRC staff, interns and volunteers
External: Community partners, sub-grantees, stakeholder partners, State Refugee Health Manager, DES, NRC-RIM, medical providers, Ethnic Based Community Organizations
Education: Undergraduate degree in a related field or 2 years of experience in health-related case management or health promotion position working with a minority population, is preferred.
Work Experience: 1+ years of professional work experience; preferably in public health, non-profit, or social services environment
Demonstrated Skills and Proficiencies:
- Experience working with refugees and/or immigrants; cross-cultural or overseas experience accepted.
- Experience coordinating Health Promotion events and/or Community Health Worker programming.
- Knowledge of the US health care system.
- Computer proficiency with an emphasis on Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Teams, Outlook). Proven experience in web-based data entry systems, with both data extraction and design preferred.
- Highly organized self-starter with proven success prioritizing multiple tasks, making critical decisions, and delivering results in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to prioritize and manage time effectively.
- Flexibility with demonstrated ability to maintain responsibility for multiple tasks in the context of a diverse, fast-paced work environment.
- Strategic, creative, problem solver capable of working well independently and as a part of a team.
- Demonstrated understanding of coaching and motivational interviewing.
- Valid driver’s license and access to a personal, insured vehicle.
- In accordance with Arizona State Law, must possess or be eligible to receive a fingerprint clearance card.
Language Skills: Fluency in written and spoken English, bilingual ability preferred in Dari, Pashto, and/or Farsi.. Cross-cultural understanding and strong communication
If you are looking for more UN jobs in the USA, please click here: UN jobs in the USA