- Country: USA
- Vacancies No: N/A
- Salary: N/A
- No of Jobs: N/A
- Gender: Both
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Coordinate the business and functional requirement gathering process for the enhancement and development of the UN Women Corporate System for the implementation of the Planning, Monitoring, and Reporting Policy
- Develop the Requirement Management Process to ensure full coordination and cooperation with the key business owners and end users for the development of the Business and Functional requirement Documents.
- Implement the requirements management process through a consultative process for the business and system requirement gathering process.
- Conduct a business functional analysis in full coordination with different workstreams to ensure the business and system requirements are aligned with PMR Policy and UNSDCF processes, including, but not limited to, the RMS Quantum System Integration for results and indicators mapping and the UN Info integration.
- Coordinate with UN Women IST team for the integration of project level data within the Search, Dashboards and Reports generated at the Strategic Note/Work Plan level.
- Coordinate with UN Women IST team for the development of the system requirements while identifying issues related to system quality, assumptions, risks, use cases.
- Regularly update key business owners and end users on any issues related to the system requirements to ensure a full understanding on gaps and risks associated with the development of the system solution.
- Finalize the Business and System Requirement Documents in full cooperation and collaboration with the business owners and end users and through coordination with IST.
2. Coordinate with IST on the development of the system enhancement based on the Function and System Requirements:
- Ensure that IST technical personnel fully understand the system requirements for the PMR Policy implementation.
- Regularly follow up with IST technical staff on the development of the system enhancements in accordance with the system requirement documents and the planned timeline.
- Fully test the developed enhancement and ensure that it meets the system requirements and corresponds with the function requirement and the use case.
- Analyze risks associated with enhancements and assess the impact of these risks and make changes as necessary
- Update and inform key business owners and end users throughout the process of development of the enhancements.
3. Contribute to the development of other corporate systems and integration of corporate systems
- Actively participate in the discussion related to UN Women Corporate System integration with focus on the requirement related to Strategic Plan (SP), Strategic Note (SN) and Workplan (WP), Quarterly Business Reviews (QBR), Enterprise Risk Management, and Project monitoring/reporting.
- Coordinate and liaise within SPU and other Key stakeholders and end users for prioritization of system developments related to the long-term solution based on corporate priorities, open audit, evaluations, and/or assessment, and end users requests.
- Document the business requirements for the integration of UN Women Corporate Systems in line with the requirements of planning, monitoring and reporting.oordinate and liaise with IST technical staff for the development of system requirements based on the prioritization exercise.
- Coordinate and liaise with IST technical staff for the development of system requirements based on the prioritization exercise.
4. Provide business support to effectively roll-out the new/enhanced system for planning and results management work stream
- Develop and execute a comprehensive socialization plan and workshop series to facilitate the effective roll-out of the new/enhanced systems.
- Provide support in monitoring the end-to-end business process risks related to the roll-out of the new/enhanced systems.
- Ensure that the RMS repository in SharePoint is user-friendly and promotes its usage.
- Ensure effective use of project level activity mapping with the SN/WP to ensure resources are linked with results.
- Continue to provide necessary support and advice on the ERP – RMS System integration taking into account the lessons learned after the first year of roll-out of the newly developed ERP System.
5. Contribute to Organizational Improvement
- Contribute to system-related meetings and coordination within SPU, SPRED and with other business owners, including managing weekly RMS meetings in SPU, regular coordination/communication with RMS focal points in Regional Offices and RMS Working Group.
- Contribute to the work of PPG Workstream in SPU and SPRED, providing insights from the system’s perspective.
- Support the implementation of the relevant management responses and actions for pending audit and evaluation recommendations related to this area of work, and provide necessary updates and data to the audit and evaluation coordination teams.
- Share relevant data and information from RMS to feed into ongoing evaluations and audits, upon request.
- Contribute to the preparation of background documents, talking points and presentations for meetings with senior managers, ERP/ICT Board, and internal and external auditors in this area of work.
The incumbent performs other duties within their functional profile as deemed necessary for the efficient functioning of the Office and the Organization.
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Leading by Example
- Strong knowledge of UN Corporate system and understanding of strategic planning at the inter-agency level
- Good understanding of the application of RBM in strategic planning, programming, monitoring, reporting and evaluation
- Good knowledge of knowledge management and learning in the areas of RBM
- Ability to link key institutional processes and policies to promote overall organizational effectiveness
- Ability to go beyond established procedures and practices, introduce new approaches and strategic innovations.
- Team player
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong knowledge of the UN system policy, procedure and guidance related to planning and results management
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to provide advice and support.
Required Skills and Experience
Education and Certification:
- Master’s degree or equivalent in in development related disciplines, statistics, economics, business administration, information system, computer science, ICT, or other social science fields.
- A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience at national, regional and/or international levels in results-based planning, monitoring, and/or reporting is required.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant work experience in coordinating business and functional requirements gathering processes in the areas of results-based planning, monitoring and/or reporting for development and/or enhancement of corporate results management systems within the UN system is required.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in using corporate systems such as results management systems and/or Oracle Cloud based ERP systems or similar for results-based planning, monitoring and/or reporting is required.
- Experience working in gender equality and women’s rights at the national, regional and/or international levels is required;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web-based management systems is required.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language is desirable (French, Arabic, Chinese, Russian or Spanish).
If you are looking for more UN jobs in the USA, please click here: UN jobs in the USA