- Country: USA
- Vacancies No: N/A
- Salary: N/A
- No of Jobs: N/A
- Education: Bachelor’s degree
- Experience: N/A
- Gender: Both
RESPONSIBILITIES: Based on intern skills and experience, responsibilities may include a combination of program support, administrative/data support, and direct service:
- Support case management for asylum seekers and families and survivors of domestic violence and other crimes
- Drive and accompany clients to appointments such as health check-ups, legal consults, school enrollments, etc.
- Accompany clients on bus/metro trips to help them learn routes on the San Diego public transit system
- Conduct outreach, including development of materials and presentations
- Network for and develop community partnerships and collaborations
- Contribute to monitoring and evaluation of Safety & Wellness Department
- Conducting screening calls for potential clients, working with interpreters and determining eligibility for the program
- Interns will gain exposure to case management for Asylum Seekers and Survivors of Crime
- Interns will learn about the Asylum process and services available for survivors of crime
- Interns will expand their experience providing culturally humble services and resources
- Interns will gain familiarity in cross-cultural communication
Education: Must be currently enrolled in an Associate’s, Bachelor’s or Master’s program focused on social work, women’s/gender studies, public health, business, communication, economics, finance, public policy, public administration, social sciences or a related field.
Work Experience (Preferred): Prior experience in case work, working with clients with a variety of immigration statuses, familiarity with refugee and asylee populations helpful, but not required. Demonstrated success working and communicating with people of varied English-speaking abilities strongly preferred.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies: Strong communication and interpersonal skills, desire to learn and contribute, excellent organization and time-management skills, proactive, motivated, and flexible; ability to take direction (written and oral) and to complete tasks independently
Language Skills: Fluent in written and spoken English. Proficiency in Farsi, Dari, Pashto, Arabic, Swahili or Russian preferred.
Certificates or Licenses: Current driver license and insurance required.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in the USA, please click here: UN jobs in the USA