- Country: USA
- Vacancies No: N/A
- Salary: N/A
- No of Jobs: N/A
- Education: N/A
- Experience: N/A
- Gender: Both
- The Job Training Coordinator will support the JTALs in both IRC San Diego offices in City Heights and the City of El Cajon. JTAL is part of IRC’s Center for Financial Opportunity (CFO), which aims to help clients prepare to move into the workforce. Responsibilities will include:
- Leading the coordination and facilitation of job readiness activities, such as resume preparation, digital literacy, job search, and job application submission through recruitment and supervision of JTAL volunteers;
- Recruiting and managing volunteers to provide job readiness support to clients and direct support to clients;
- Teaching work readiness and digital literacy classes to help clients bolster critical job readiness skills.
- Other duties as assigned.
WHEN YOU SERVE WITH US
Earn a $25,500 stipend ($15/hour) payable by bimonthly direct deposit.
Earn an additional $6,895 education benefit to pay down qualifying student loan debt or to continue your education.
Access to health insurance program at no premium cost to you.
Available childcare assistance benefit, if eligible.
Participate in a 3-day, in-person leadership conference in Indianapolis, IN, in March 2024.
Receive ongoing coaching, mentorship, and professional development.
WE WELCOME YOU TO APPLY IF YOU:
- Have lived experience or an interest in working with a diverse group of people.
- Identify as any generation but are at least 17 years old.
- Possess unexpired proof of status as a US citizen or permanent resident.
- Consent to complete a criminal history check, which is required for all candidates. Don’t let this stop you! A criminal record does not mean a person cannot serve, and if this is a concern, reach out to Beth Romeo at email@example.com.
- LISC AmeriCorps is available to everyone eligible to serve. We treat all persons without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
- Interest and/or experience working with immigrant and refugee communities.
- Knowledge of the San Diego community or willingness to learn.
- Demonstrated Skills & Competencies:
- Desire and ability to work with a diverse group of people
- Demonstrated success working and communicating effectively in a multicultural environment.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Self-starter with excellent problem-solving skills and proven ability to prioritize and manage time effectively.
- Strong relationship-building, diplomacy, and networking skills; ability to effectively build internal and external relationships.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in work product.
- Experience in mentoring or teaching a plus.
- Strong computer skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook); ability to use the internet and other digital tools for data entry, research, and problem-solving purposes.
- This position reports to IRC in Sa Diego’s Senior Employment Specialist.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in the USA, please click here: UN jobs in the USA