- Country: USA
- Vacancies No: N/A
- Salary: N/A
- No of Jobs: N/A
- Education: High School
- Experience: N/A
- Gender: Both
- Preparing, enrolling, and documenting school enrollment for newly arrived students into their local public school within 30 days of arrival. School enrollment for families that moved or have incoming Kindergarten age students.
- Providing orientation sessions for newly arrived students and families to inform them about the American School system and provide other necessary information to advance their success in school and smooth adjustment to the new school environment.
- Facilitating meetings and other communications between school personnel and parents, including school orientation opportunities for parents, parent/teacher meetings, open houses, and assisting with coordinating logistics for interpretation and transportation, as necessary.
- Coordinating team meetings for students with specific adjustment issues and ensuring that appropriate school staff, parents, and other stakeholders work together to provide comprehensive, reinforced support to children.
- Outreach to schools to inform them of refugee resettlement services available to schools, parents, and students. Provide or arrange “Refugee 101” orientations and specific cultural/ethnic orientations, as applicable.
- Working with the Youth Education team on coordination activities for youth – including social outings, workshops on issues such as responsible citizenship, college placement, gangs, bullying, drug abuse, safety, healthy relationships, teen pregnancy, and other activities to encourage youth to speak out about their needs, especially regarding education, and promote responsible and healthy behaviors.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma required; Bachelors degree preferred and two years of experience working with refugees, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience providing direct family support services, mediation skills, and experience with public schools.
- Excellent computer and organizational skills.
- Computer skills, including all Microsoft Office Programs.
- Fluency in written and spoken English, bilingual ability preferred.
- Cultural sensitivity and good cross communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively.
- Ability to effectively communicate and work as a team member in a cross cultural environment.
- Must have a valid driver’s license; active insurance policy; and access to reliable transportation.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in the USA, please click here: UN jobs in the USA