- Country: USA
- Vacancies No: N/A
- Salary: N/A
- No of Jobs: N/A
- Education: Master’s degree
- Experience: 1 year
- Gender: Both
Assist the Resettlement Housing team and IRC clients by assisting with housing needs, such as:
- Client moves
- Driving company van to pick up donations.
- Transporting supplies and donations / supplies.
- Setting up client apartments for move ins.
- Administrative work / paperwork
- Applying for apartments / housing.
- Following up with landlords and clients for signatures and lease signings
- Handling IRC specific paperwork, including supply lists and safety forms
- San Diego Housing procurement
- Finding housing options and landlord partnerships.
- Help prepare and process housing paperwork for Housing and new clients.
- Develop guides and learning materials for client use (examples: rental assistance, resource mapping, local community guides, etc.)
- Student will learn about San Diego housing process, refugee resettlement processes, and the essential steps of setting up new refugee families for success.
- Student will learn about the refugee resettlement process from a national and global perspective.
- Student will learn about significant barriers to affordable housing and how to navigate negotiating fair rent and working with landlords in San Diego.
- Student will learn more about the populations of refugees in San Diego.
- Student will learn about the essential functions of a non-profit office needed to help programs continue to run.
- Students will learn about organizational development in a non-profit setting through hands on experience.
- Must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate or Master’s program; interests in Human Rights, International Relations, etc preferred.
- Must be a self-starter, enthusiastic, and possess a positive attitude.
- Excellent organization skills, strong communication and interpersonal skills, empathetic, and ability to effectively collaborate.
- Ability to lift 30+ pounds.
- Willingness to drive a moving van.
- English fluency required.
- 1+ years related work or volunteer experience with a non-profit strongly preferred.
- A strong interest in working with a diverse, low-income population is required.
- Proactive, motivated and flexible; able to remain calm and adapt within a fast-paced work environment.
- Language skills a plus (Farsi/Dari, Kiswahili, Arabic, or Russian strongly preferred).
If you are looking for more UN jobs in the USA, please click here: UN jobs in the USA