- Country: USA
- Vacancies No: N/A
- Salary: N/A
- No of Jobs: N/A
- Education: High School
- Experience: 3 years
- Gender: Both
– Maintain financial records and monitoring systems to record and reconcile expenditures, balances, payments, statements and other data for day-to-day transactions and reports.
– Select and enter data from a wide variety of documents, verifying accuracy by checking sources, making necessary calculations and assuring inclusion of all relevant data.
– Prepare recurring reports as scheduled and special reports as required for budget preparation, audits or other reasons.
– Advise and assist staff members, experts and consultants on all aspects of allowances, salary advances, travel claims and other financial matters, calculate and authorize payments due for claims and services.
– Maintain liaison with officials of local banks to obtain day-to-day information on exchange and interest rates, changes in procedures and regulations and matters pertaining to maintenance of office bank accounts.
– Prepare detailed cost estimates and participate in budget analysis and projections as required.
– Initiate correspondence to verify data, answer queries and obtain additional information on accounts and financial transactions, as required.
– Verify that the financial transactions are correct and in accordance with UNHCR rules and procedures.
– Perform other related duties as required.
Education & Professional Work Experience
Years of Experience / Degree Level
G6 – 3 years relevant experience with High School Diploma; or 2 years relevant work experience with Bachelor or equivalent or higher
Field(s) of Education
Certificates and/or Licenses
Accounting Business Administration, Finance
(Certificates and Licenses marked with an asterisk* are essential)
Relevant Job Experience
High level of IT affinity (MS Office applications, People Soft).
Knowledge and work experience of MSRP Finance applications.
Good knowledge of UN/UNHCR Financial rules and procedures.
Completion of UNHCR learning programmes or specific training relevant to the functions of the position.
FI-ERP Financial Management (SAP, Oracle, PeopleSoft, Workday and other)
IT-Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
(Functional Skills marked with an asterisk* are essential)
For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
For National Professional jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in the USA, please click here: UN jobs in the USA