- Country: Kenya
- Vacancies No: N/A
- Salary: N/A
- No of Jobs: N/A
- Education: High School
- Experience: 2 years
- Gender: Both
– Drive UNHCR vehicle mainly for the Head of Office and other high ranking officials.
– Drive UNHCR vehicles for the transport of authorized passengers, deliver and collect documents, and other items.
– Meet official personnel at airports or other locations and facilitate immigration and customs formalities as required.
– Perform day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicles; check oil, water, battery, brakes, tires, etc. and ensure that the assigned UNHCR vehicles are road or waterway worthy and maintained up to the established security standards.
– Perform minor repairs and arrange for other repairs and ensure that the vehicle is kept clean.
– Ensure that the steps required by rules and regulations, or other local requirements, are taken in case of involvement in an accident.
– Log official trips, daily mileage, gas consumption, oil changes, greasing, etc. and prepare reports on usage as required.
– Ensures valid documentation for passengers, items or cargo in vehicle.
– In the absence of an interpreter, assist with basic interpretation services.
– Perform other related duties as required.
Education & Professional Work Experience
Years of Experience / Degree Level
For G3D – 2 years relevant experience with Completion of Primary Education or High School Diploma or higher
Field(s) of Education
Certificates and/or Licenses
Auto Mechanics Certificate;
(Certificates and Licenses marked with an asterisk* are essential)
Relevant Job Experience
Driving licence, knowledge of driving rules and regulations.
*DV-Driving Rules and Regulations
DV – Basic Vehicle Mechanical Skills
(Functional Skills marked with an asterisk* are essential)
For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
For National Professional jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Kenya, please click here: UN jobs in Kenya