- Country: Senegal
- Vacancies No: N/A
- Salary: N/A
- No of Jobs: N/A
- Education: Master’s degree
- Experience: 7 years
- Gender: Both
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
More specifically, the incumbent will be assigned the following tasks:
1. Lead the quality assurance of major outputs developed by IIEP-UNESCO Dakar, especially of the Technical Cooperation team:
- Conduct and/or lead peer review of all policy documents produced from partner countries (sector and thematic analyses, sector plans, methodological guidelines, position papers, policy briefs, etc.).
- Participates in quality assurance of the publication processes for the office’s reports and policy documents.
2. Support African countries in the development, implementation, and monitoring of education and training policies:
- Support the development of education sector, sub-sector, and thematic diagnoses.
- Support the development of education strategy documents (policy orientation, simulation models, sector plans, medium term expenditure frameworks, costed action plan, etc.).
- Support the implementation of education and training policies.
- Support the monitoring of education and training policies.
3. Lead and manage policy dialogue in the education and training sectors in selected countries in Africa, in collaboration with all stakeholders:
- Support the policy dialogue, exchange, and coordination in selected countries.
- Support intra-sector and inter-sector policy tradeoffs.
4. Contribute to the creation, use and dissemination of relevant information in the education and training sectors in Africa:
- Participate in drafting high quality methodological notes, thematic notes, and country notes including presenting those key notes to targeted audience.
- Participate in the design of tools for analysis, planning, implementation, management and monitoring and evaluation of education and training policies in Africa.
- Contribute to knowledge creation on the state of education and training in Africa and international initiatives for the Education 2030 Agenda.
5. Contribute to the professional development of officials in charge of planning and management of education and training in Africa:
- Contribute to the development of training materials and/or outreach strategies for targeted audiences in Africa.
- Contribute to the implementation of training initiatives developed by IIEP-UNESCO Dakar.
6. Contribute to capacity building of IIEP-UNESCO Dakar:
- Organize forums for internal sharing of practices across projects.
- Contribute to the reinforcement of capacities of IIEP-UNESCO Dakar’s TC staff.
7. Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Head of IIEP-UNESCO Dakar from time to time.
COMPETENCIES (Core / Managerial)
- Advanced university degree (master’s degree or equivalent) in Economics, Statistics, Education, or other relevant Social Sciences with strong quantitative and qualitative analysis focus.
- Minimum seven (7) years of relevant professional working experience in the fields of education sector analysis, planning and management of education systems of which preferably four (4) years acquired at international level.
- Demonstrated experience working with ministries of education in African countries and development partners.
Skills & Competencies
- Demonstrable knowledge of statistical and econometric techniques.
- Excellent knowledge and use of statistical software such SPSS, SAS, STATA and Microsoft Excel.
- Demonstrable knowledge of African education systems.
- Excellent knowledge of the problems of education in the context of developing countries particularly in Africa.
- Ability to undertake regular missions, especially in diverse and challenging contexts.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to lead and manage a diverse team.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written).
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment.
- Excellent knowledge of either English or French and good working knowledge of the other.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Senegal, please click here: UN jobs in Senegal