- Country: Switzerland
- Vacancies No: N/A
- Salary: N/A
- No of Jobs: N/A
- Education: Master’s degree
- Experience: 8 years
- Gender: Both
Scope of Work:
Under the direction of Lead-Partnerships and Resource Mobilization, IF4C PFP and working closely with the division and Public Finance colleagues as well as key internal stakeholders, the Strategy, Business & Partnerships Consultant, IF4C shall perform the following:
a. Conduct comprehensive business analyses and market surveys of new innovative financing mechanisms
b. Develop and deliver presentations of business survey findings and outcomes to serve as guidance for UNICEF senior leadership, i.e., by reviewing and validating the “best use” case, optimal conditions, and fundamental requirements for these new innovative financing mechanisms, as needed and in order to meet UNICEF’s goals and objectives (including those of structuring and risk mitigation)
c. Develop, document, and implement a comprehensive, ‘best practice’ IF4C investment opportunities pipeline for Tier 1 projects, in coordination with other relevant divisions and partners.
d. Develop new strategic, high-cap IF4C initiatives for the division, including a thorough assessment of all prospective IF financial instrument(s) to be deployed, as well as considerations and recommendations for structuring, incubating, and capacitating each initiative.
e. Formulate and deliver business analyses of financial markets and trends research, key internal/external risks and associated mitigation strategies, et. al., in the form of written reports.
f. Formulate and deliver specific project roadmaps, work plans, and planned activities in order to achieve each initiative’s specified goals within all prescribed timelines and budgets.
g. Formulate and deliver written donor mappings for specific IF4C initiatives/projects, including identification of key resources and stakeholders needed in order to capitalize and capacitate each project as needed.
h. Based on above donor mapping deliverable, develop written strategies, value propositions, and bespoke donor presentations to crowd in new catalytic funding from public/private sector donors, DFIs, et. al., and to facilitate access to private sector impact investing capital as may be appropriate for specific IF4C initiatives.
i. Working with PFP, PPD, PG, and other internal/external stakeholders, develop and deliver written frameworks and approaches for effective impact reporting for each IF4C initiative, based on current UNICEF reporting systems and processes already in place, to meet donor expectations and to build support for potential future phases.
j. Develop, deliver, and facilitate written prospectus and key elements for IF4C-themed internal/external stakeholder meetings and workshops, including bespoke agenda, objectives and key topics for discussion/decision making, meeting presentations, and post-meeting Notes for the Record, as appropriate.
k. In consultation with PFP/MSPA, the Public Partnerships Division (PPD), and other relevant HQ Divisions Review, finalize the final PPP4C strategy/roadmap which will incorporate feedback received by UNICEF Senior Management and the PPP team. The final PPP4C roadmap will be accompanied by an Executive Summary and a short PowerPoint presentation.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
• An advanced university degree (Master’s degree or higher) in one of the following fields is required: International development, finance, economics, public or business administration, or closely related fields.
• Alternatively, a first University Degree (Bachelor’s degree) in a relevant field combined with 2 additional years of professional experience may be accepted in lieu of an Advanced University Degree.
• Minimum of 8 years of relevant work experience at national and international levels in international finance, ESG/impact investing, investment banking/specialized fund development, project management, consulting, budget, fundraising/capital formation, or other related fields.
• Prior experience working with Innovative partnerships, diverse stakeholder groups or multi-stakeholder partnerships, is desirable.
• Experience working with innovative financing instruments, particularly climate risk financing instruments such as parametric insurance, is highly desirable.
• Proven experience working in a multi-cultural environment and with cross-functional teams to deliver on common goals is required.
• Fluency in English is required, knowledge of another UN working language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) is an asset.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Switzerland, please click here: UN jobs in Switzerland