- Country: Switzerland
- Vacancies No: N/A
- Salary: N/A
- No of Jobs: N/A
- Education: University degree
- Experience: 2 years
- Gender: Both
Scope of Work:
The scope of work covers reporting, recruitment, onboarding and offboarding, absence and attendance management, benefits and entitlements, management of diplomatic requirements for staff and consultants.
The consultant will report to the Human Resources Officer who will provide overall direction and guidance and is expected to work closely with other members of the HR team.
Deliverable 1: HR Reporting
- Reports related to contracts management, recruitment (staff & non-staff), onboarding & offboarding, stretch assignments, absence and attendance, entitlements and benefits, atypical queries are updated.
- Trackers timely and accurately reflecting the status of each task, atypical cases, priorities/changes in priority, pending actions needed are delivered.
- Reports related to audit preparation and queries are delivered.
Deliverable 2: Recruitment
- Approximately 20-30 vacancy advertisements are prepared in Talent Management System and circulated.
- Approximately 20-30 technical testing and interviews are scheduled.
- Recruitment files and records are well documented, ensuring all necessary documentation has been uploaded through TMS and SharePoint Site.
Deliverable 3: Onboarding & Offboarding
- Approximately 30-40 onboarding and offboarding cases are managed by working with different stakeholders (GSSC, Hiring Unit, IT, and etc.) in the smoothest manner possible.
- Possible bottlenecks are proactively identified, elevated, and solved on time.
Deliverable 4: Absence and Attendance Management
- Accurate and Up-to-date attendance and absence records are maintained. Documents are well recorded.
- Absence and attendance data is analysed to identify trends and patterns.
Deliverable 5: Benefits and Entitlements
- FAQs are set-up by analysing, researching, and verifying information in response to staff queries related to benefits and entitlements.
Deliverable 6: Management of diplomatic requirements for staff and non-staff.
- Requests to CDL, UNLP, Ground Pass, attestations, and related documentation are managed on a timely manner.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- A first level university degree in Human Resources or relevant area is required.
- A minimum of two years of progressively responsible Human Resources experience in the relevant areas is required.
- Experience with UNICEF/UN an asset.
- Experience with staff administration, entitlements and benefits is highly desirable.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of French is an asset.
- Good knowledge of HR principles, rules, regulations and procedures within the UN.
- Computer literacy and the ability to effectively use standard office software tools as well as good knowledge and skill in using HR systems (TMS, SAP, Service Gateway).
- Ability to extract and format data and to solve operational problems.
Interpersonal and communication:
- Takes responsibility to respond to internal and external service needs promptly and proactively; takes initiative to ensure that deadlines, rules and regulations are met. Uses own discretion to address unforeseen situations.
- Demonstrates a high degree of confidentiality, initiative and good judgment.
- Demonstrates courtesy, tact, patience, and ability to work effectively with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Switzerland, please click here: UN jobs in Switzerland