- Country: Switzerland
- Vacancies No: N/A
- Salary: N/A
- No of Jobs: N/A
- Education: University degree
- Experience: 5 years
- Gender: Both
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
- Provide technical support in the development and updating of all new WHO normative and implementation guidance on HIV, Hepatitis and STI testing services, including but not limited to the development of a proposal to the guideline review committee, and guideline development group, conducting and overseeing commissioned systematic reviews, synthesizing evidence, technical writing of guidelines and recommendations, coordinating guideline meeting, lead contact for launching final approved WHO guidelines as decided by TPP Coordinator and HIV senior management.
- Provide technical and capacity-building support to regions and countries on the implementation of the norms and standards, including HIV self-testing, dual HIV/syphilis rapid testing, active syphilis testing (e.g. treponemal/non-treponemal rapid tests), and transition away from western blotting to support scale-up of rapid ART initiation and PrEP initiation.
- Support national advocacy agendas based on the latest evidence to alter testing policies, national algorithms, and regulatory systems to include HIV self-testing, HCV self-testing and dual and multiplex tests.
- Support the development of work on multiplex testing and piloting of implementation tools for HTS across HIV, VH and STIs in PHC (including in ANC as part of the triple elimination agenda) and community settings.
- Provide coordination support to the stakeholder’s meetings and other networks, which includes providing technical and administrative input to convening meetings, capacity building, report writing and WHO publications, as well as donor proposal writing and reporting.
- Work with WHO Pre-qualification (PQ) and relevant stakeholders to accelerate the approval processes of HIV RDTs rapid diagnostic tests (RDTs) and enable public and private sector procurement of quality-assured HIV and HCV self-test kits.
- Provide technical support to monitoring and evaluation related to testing services and modelling/forecasting as needed.
- Makes sure that the testing webpages are kept up to date as well as the Apps as applicable.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Essential: University degree in Medicine, Public Health, Epidemiology biology, human laboratory science or an equivalent university degree.
Desirable: Masters in public health, epidemiology or equivalent.
Essential: Five years of experience in the area of communicable diseases of which two years in testing and service delivery and in LMICs (Low and middle-income countries).
Desirable: Experience in public health institutions and/or experience in health systems at a regional or international level. Two years of record in providing regional country support on differentiated service delivery for HIV Testing Services.
- Excellent research, writing and communication skills.
- Project management and networking skills for donor-funded projects.
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Moving forward in a changing environment
- Producing results
Use of Language Skills
Essential: Expert knowledge of English.
Desirable: Beginners knowledge of French. Beginners knowledge of another WHO official language ((Arabic, Chinese, Spanish and/or Russian).
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Switzerland, please click here: UN jobs in Switzerland