- Country: Switzerland
- Vacancies No: N/A
- Salary: N/A
- No of Jobs: N/A
- Education: Master’s degree
- Experience: 10 years
- Gender: Both
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
Building on WHO’s leadership in comprehensive sexual and reproductive health and rights the incumbent will:
(1) Serve as a senior technical and scientific reference in political and policy analysis in sexual and reproductive health and rights among the peer community, Member States, cosponsors and other UN Agencies, and other stakeholders, in close collaboration with WHO Regional and Country Offices.
(2) Oversee and develop research priorities, drawing on the scientific expertise and literature, recommendations of HRP advisory bodies, input from Member States and cosponsoring agencies, colleagues, managers and other stakeholders. Based on research priorities developed, the incumbent will ensure the development and establishment of short-term operational plans and longer-term strategic plans for research and development in this area.
(3) Lead and oversee policy research activities, including (i) the conceptualization and development of research protocols,(ii) identification and recruitment of national partner research institutions,(iii) conceptualization and production of research agreements, (iv)organization of scientific meetings, (v) coordinate the facilitation of training workshops, (vi) conducting research site monitoring visits, (vii)collaborations with data management companies or organizations, (viii)oversight of the network of institutions and UN cosponsoring agencies participating in the research, (ix) analysis, write-up and publication of results, (x) evaluation of processes and results in preparation for subsequent research projects.
(4) Synthesize evidence on sexual and reproductive health policy, carry out and commission systematic reviews of the literature in the field, input to evidence-based clinical and managerial guidelines.
(5) Ensure the writing and preparation of technical progress reports to governing and advisory bodies, WHO reporting requirements, and donors.
(6) Ensure adequate publication, conceptualize and draft manuscripts in the scientific literature of outputs, and lead related communications activities to strengthen the dissemination, adaptation and use of WHO and HRP outputs by WHO Member States, working in close collaboration with the HRP communications team and the WHO Department of Communications.
(7) Build and maintain strong partnerships with governments, NGOs, private sector, and other stakeholders to generate and use evidence for increased access to sexual and reproductive health and rights.
(8) Lead fundraising activities for increased financial support this programme of work.
(9) Carry out other tasks, as required by the Director.
Essential: Advanced level university degree in public health, public policy, international relations, or another field related to policy analysis.
- At least 10 years of experience in policy analysis and strategic advice relating to sexual and reproductive health, including experience at the international level.
- Direct experience in coordinating or leading projects.
- Working experience in a UN agency or with national governments, or international nongovernmental organizations related to work in low- and middle-income countries.
- Expert knowledge of sexual and reproductive health and rights policy within the context of global health.
- Strong policy analytical and scientific writing skills, as evidenced by an extensive track record of publication in the area of sexual and reproductive health and rights.
- Evidence of strong management and coordination skills with national and international bodies.
- Fundraising knowledge and skills, as evidenced by previous success in mobilizing resources.
- Strong communication and diplomatic skills.
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Driving the Organization’s Position in Health Leadership
- Building and promoting partnerships across the organization and beyond
Use of Language Skills
Essential: Expert knowledge of English.
Desirable: Intermediate knowledge of other UN language.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Switzerland, please click here: UN jobs in Switzerland