- Country: Switzerland
- Vacancies No: N/A
- Salary: N/A
- No of Jobs: N/A
- Education: Master’s degree
- Experience: 5 years
- Gender: Both
Duties and Responsibilities
The Central European Free Trade Agreement (CEFTA) is a regional free trade agreement that regulates the liberalization and facilitation of trade in goods and services among its signatories. The CEFTA region is experiencing persistent complaints about trade barriers, and so far, there has been no satisfactory way to address them. The ability to gain and benefit from market access depends increasingly on compliance with trade regulatory measures. NTMs data for CEFTA Parties has not been collected before. The consultancy will consist of providing guidance, technical support and data quality check and feedback to the national consultants in their work of NTM data collection according to the International Classification of Non-Tariff Measures and guidelines.
Under the general guidance of the Officer-in-Charge of the Trade Analysis Branch (TAB) of the Division on International Trade and Commodities (DITC) and the supervision of the Project Officer/Economic Affairs, the consultant will undertake the following tasks:
1. Conduct and contribute to training of national consultants in CEFTA Parties on NTM data coding using TRAINS data entry tool including the HS coding
2. Provide guidance and support to the national consultants in CEFTA Parties on comprehensiveness of collected trade regulations. Identify and provide feedback on missing sectors and regulations
3. Review the coded data in TRAINS data entry tool in the role of NTM and HS code supervisor and provide feedback and suggestions for revisions as necessary. Ensure the high-quality data, including the correct identification of the measure, measure code, affected products, HS codes, objectives and affected countries
4. Check if the provided feedback is properly implemented by national consultants in TRAINS data entry tool and if so, validate the measures and/or HS codes respectively
5. Ensure complete and up-to-date datasets for CEFTA Parties NTMs (chapters A to I and P of the International Classification of Non-Tariff Measures – 2019 version available at: https://unctad.org/system/files/official-document/ditctab2019d5_en.pdf
The consultant will answer all technical questions and and give the information on NTM data coding, provide guidance and explanation on guidelines on how to code NTMs regularly.
An advance university degree, Master, in trade and economics is required.
At least 5 years of experience in trade law and economics is required
Experience in international trade policy and data management is required
Two years on NTM data collection including HS data by using UNCTAD’s methodology of NTM data classification and HS code classification is required.
Specialization in international trade would be an advantage.
Fluency oral and written in English is required.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Switzerland, please click here: UN jobs in Switzerland