- Country: Switzerland
- Vacancies No: N/A
- Salary: N/A
- No of Jobs: N/A
- Education: Secondary education
- Experience: 6 years
- Gender: Both
The procurement associate will undertake the following responsibilities :
Transactional Procurement Support services
Administers a range of transactional-procurement support activities, ensuring compliance with UNOPS rules, regulations, policies and strategies, including the following:
- Incorporation of necessary steps to embed sustainability in the procurement process.
- Completeness of submissions to the Contract and Property Committees (CPCs).
- Completeness of documentation for preparation/processing of Purchase Orders, Contracts, LTAs or their Amendments.
- Provision of requested research/data on market supply by conducting routine market research to determine sources of supplies, using United Nations Global Market Place, and other external sources.
- Set-up/enhancement and maintenance of the local supplier database, ensuring regular update of data.
- Information databases, all procurement files and records updated and maintained.
- Status reports generated, as required.
- Availability of all supporting documents for audit and review purposes.
Administratively and technically supports the office’s planning, requisitions/procurement and sourcing support processes, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Collaboration with projects personnel and Managers in the preparation of their procurement plan, awarding, administering and monitoring of all matters related to procurement for the given geographical area / project activity.
- Maintenance and update of procurement monitoring processes for projects and provision of feedback on purchase orders to requesting office;
- Provision of proposals to requesting entity on modes for providing goods, works and services, including procurement deadlines for each stage;
- Review of requisitions for completeness;
- Preparation of proper and complete specification for equipment and materials, Job Profiles and Statement of Works for the preparation of RFP, RFQ and ITB, ensuring clearance/approval by respective units of the requests.
- Constant liaison with vendors and consignee until safe delivery of goods is achieved.
- Drafting of letters, memoranda, faxes, email, etc.; monitoring of progress and liaison with vendors during the entire procurement cycle; investigation and resolution of post-order problems and of progress reports on procurement matters;
- Oral/written responses to queries from projects, clients, companies, etc. regarding procurement related matters
- Preparation of monthly reports on procurement matters;
- Liaison with the logistics unit or projects on receipt of goods, equipments and services in view of obtaining proper delivery report, RIR (Receipt and Inspection Report), or relevant certificates and that proper inventory is taken;
Undertakes or supervises technical support to bidding and tendering processes, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Preparation of shortlists of suitable contractors/suppliers for purchases of value over designated amounts for approval of designated officers.
- Preparation and issuance of EOI, RFQ, ITB, RFP or other tender documents as required, ensuring their conformity with UNOPS approved templates or seeking legal clearance in case of required adjustments.
- Together with the requesting programme/operations clients, support review and evaluation of bids or proposals received and preparation of analysis for less-complex, contract awards and for submission to the LCPC or other, statutory, designated body.
- Preparation of HQCPC, or designated body, submission together with the requesting programme/operations component.
- Organizing of LCPC (or designated, statutory body) meetings as may be required, and circulating at least 24 hours in advance documents for review.
- Maintenance of records of LCPC or designated, statutory body.
Supports efficient contract administration, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Support supplier performance monitoring.
- Review contract amendments/ extensions proposals submitted by project/ programmes.
- Raise of receipts in UNOPS ERP system.
- Support payment process, reviewing supporting documents.
- Follow-up signing of contracts by vendors.
- Dissemination of contract advertisement and awards.
- Maintenance of contracts and filing system.
- Maintenance of databases/rosters of best suppliers, contractors and service providers, activities and statistics.
- Organizes, facilitates and/or delivers training and learning initiatives for personnel on procurement
- Provides sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice by synthesizing of lessons learnt and dissemination of best practices in procurement
- Collects feedback, ideas, and internal knowledge about processes and best practices and utilize productively
- Completion of secondary school is required. First University Degree in Procurement and/or Supply Chain Management, Law, Commerce, Business Administration, or related areas is desirable but not required.
- Relevant certification in procurement and supply chain management (CIPS or similar) is a distinct advantage.
b. Work Experience
- A minimum of six (6) years of relevant experience in providing procurement support services in national and/or international public or corporate organizations.
- Knowledge of UNOPS procurement rules and regulations is an asset.
- Proficiency in computers and office software packages and experience in handling web-based management systems is required.
- Experience with Enterprise systems including OneUNOPS is desirable.
- Some experience in UN system organizations is desirable.
- Fluency in English is essential.
- Knowledge of French is an asset.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Switzerland, please click here: UN jobs in Switzerland