- Country: Switzerland
- Vacancies No: N/A
- Salary: N/A
- No of Jobs: N/A
- Education: Master’s degree
- Experience: 5 years
- Gender: Both
In particular you will:
- Provide deep technical expertise on the various facets of internet connectivity including the movement, sale, and accounting of gigabytes across terrestrial and satellite platforms.
- Understand and advise on spectrum management, internet traffic, and its quantification, ensuring Giga’s strategies are technically sound.
- Analyze supply and demand dynamics of connectivity commodities, especially in emerging markets.
- Evaluate market players, pricing dynamics, and regulatory frameworks affecting the movement and pricing of gigabytes.
- Serve as a technical advisor to the Market Shaping and Procurement teams, ensuring that the technical aspects of internet connectivity are accurately represented in procurement strategies and negotiations.
- Provide technical inputs during negotiations with connectivity providers and other stakeholders.
- Engage with external technical experts, industry stakeholders, and regulatory bodies to gather insights and stay updated with the latest advancements in internet connectivity technologies and market dynamics.
- Facilitate technical discussions with stakeholders to address challenges and explore opportunities for improving connectivity in target regions.
Reporting and Documentation:
- Develop technical documents, reports, and presentations to communicate technical and market insights to internal teams and external stakeholders.
- Contribute to the creation of procurement documents and negotiation strategies with technical inputs.
- Collaborate closely with the Market Analysis, Data Science, and Procurement teams to ensure a coherent understanding and approach towards improving market access and shaping favorable market conditions for Giga’s objectives.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Master’s degree in Telecommunications, Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical field. *A first University Degree in a relevant field combined with 2 additional years of professional experience may be accepted in lieu of an Advanced University Degree.
- A minimum of 5 years of substantial experience in the field of internet connectivity, spectrum management, and related technical areas.
- Experience in procurement or market shaping within the telecommunications or internet connectivity sectors is beneficial. The ability to adapt to rapidly evolving technological and market conditions is crucial for success in this role.
- Experience in engaging with international organizations, government entities, and private sector stakeholders is an asset.
- Deep understanding of the technical, regulatory, and market dynamics affecting the movement and pricing of gigabytes.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and in collaborative team environments.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to translate complex technical concepts into understandable terms for non-technical stakeholders.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) is an asset.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Switzerland, please click here: UN jobs in Switzerland