- Country: USA
- Vacancies No: N/A
- Salary: N/A
- No of Jobs: N/A
- Gender: Both
Scope of Work
Intake services interns will assist IRC’s intake team with daily activities that help to welcome and contribute to the self-sufficiency of refugees, asylees and other humanitarian immigrants in the Baltimore metropolitan area. The intake team is the first point of contact for new “walk-in” asylees, parolees, secondary migrants and all other returning IRC clients. The team conducts eligibility assessments to determine client needs and refer to relevant IRC programs. Interns will meet directly with individual clients and families to support intake assessments.
Intake Specialist or Coordinator
– Learn about the services that refugees, asylees and other humanitarian immigrants are eligible for upon arrival in the U.S., including public benefits in Maryland and local resources in the Baltimore metropolitan area.
– Learn to conduct eligibility assessments for program services.
– Learn to communicate effectively with clients across cultures.
– Under the direction of the intern’s supervisor, assist clients remotely or in-person with intake assessment appointments.
– Assist with service documentation through case-notes and case file maintenance.
– Support organization of weekly intake days at the office.
– Other duties as assigned.
– Prior experience and interest working with refugees and immigrants preferred.
– Prior experience and interest in case management or social work preferred.
– Ability to work independently and as a team member in a fast-paced, cross-cultural environment.
– Flexible and reliable, with outstanding attention to detail.
– Strong problem-solving skills.
– Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
– Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook) and we-based applications (databases, Box).
– Fluency in English required. Bilingual ability in one of the predominant languages of the local client base is desired.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in the USA, please click here: UN jobs in the USA