- Country: Brazil
- Vacancies No: N/A
- Salary: N/A
- No of Jobs: N/A
- Education: Undergraduate
- Experience: 1 year
- Gender: Both
– Assist in establishment of close working relationships with television, radio and news agencies to promote and ensure the dissemination of UNHCR aims, activities and principles.
– Assist in development of working relationships with the Government, NGOs and UN Agencies in order to raise interest and develop co-operation in inter-related activities.
– Organize UNHCR’s public awareness campaign in the duty station.
– Draft bulletins and updates on UNHCR’s operations in the duty station.
– Brief national and international media of developments in UNHCR’s operations in the duty stations and accompany visiting media to the refugee camps where applicable.
– Assist in planning and organizing advertisements, exhibitions, training seminars, conferences, meetings, social events and other activities to promote a better understanding of UNHCR¿s activities and accomplishments by the general public and/or organized groups.
– Assist in preparation of communication budget.
– Perform other related duties as required.
Education & Professional Work Experience
Years of Experience / Degree Level
For P1/NOA – 1 year relevant experience with Undergraduate degree; or no experience with Graduate degree; or no experience with Doctorate degree
Field(s) of Education
Journalism; International Relations; Political Science;
Communications; Public Information; Media
Film / Video; or other relevant field.
Certificates and/or Licenses
Relevant Job Experience
Minimum 1 year of professional experience in journalism and/or communications, mainly at international level.
Strong social media presence. Experience working on advocacy campaigns. Experience working with goodwill ambassadors and other high-profile influencers. Experience with brand management. Experience with measurement and evaluation, especially providing analysis of media coverage, social media engagement, web traffic, etc. Experience reporting, writing, editing for magazines, newspapers and websites. Experience using digital asset management systems. Experience with digital analytics and performance reporting.
CO-Digital content production
CO-International Media Contacts
CO-Journalism (incl. print, broadcast, photography, video, layout & graphics)
CO-Preparation of key messages/talking points/speeches
CO-Video production for digital platforms (including news organizations)
IT-Web Content Management
CO-Drafting and Documentation
(Functional Skills marked with an asterisk* are essential)
For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
For National Professional jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Brazil, please click here: UN jobs in Brazil