- Country: Switzerland
- Vacancies No: N/A
- Salary: N/A
- No of Jobs: N/A
- Education: Master’s degree
- Experience: 5 years
- Gender: Both
1. Developing communications tools and products
- Write communications materials for ATscale, including but not limited to quarterly electronic newsletters, social media content, infographics, banners for events, web content, talking points and presentations;
- Work with ATscale secretariat team and partners to translate the results of ATscale and partner programmes into powerful and compelling stories that demonstrate the transformative nature of AT, and the impact of ATscale investments in countries and global public goods;
- Develop creative ways to share report findings and stories of impact, using video, graphics, and photography, where possible, to grab attention and capture the audience’s imagination;
- Collaborate with external vendors and consultants for quality, editing, translation, design and printing of materials;
- Ensure that files are print-ready, proofed and are in line with ATscale style guide and accessibility guidelines;
- Develop and maintain close working relationships with the Secretariat Team and stakeholders to ensure relevance and constant updates of content.
2. Digital communications
- Maintain and update the content and improve the navigation structure of the ATscale website;
- Manage a successful website redesign project which will include working with an external service provider, involving key stakeholders and managing the project;
- As part of the comprehensive revamp of its website, lead on the content creation of new web pages that reflect ATscale’s impact, activities, latest news and include compelling human interest stories;
- Implement the digital communications plan which includes managing ATscale social media accounts and producing regular analytics reports to increase reach, engagement and followers.
3. Advocacy and events
- Provide support in the communications around ATscale partnership events to keep assistive technology high on global health and development agendas;
- Provide support to the ATscale Advocacy and Communications lead to implement a global public facing campaign on AT throughout 2024;
- Provide support to the ATscale Advocacy and Communications lead to develop advocacy toolkits for partners in LMICs.
- An Advanced University Degree (Masters degree or equivalent) preferably in media and communication, journalism, development studies, public health, international development, international relations, or similar subjects
- A Bachelor’s degree in the above with a combination of two additional years of relevant experience may be accepted in lieu of the Master’s degree.
B. Work Experience:
- A minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in communications in the fields of assistive technology, public health, disability, international development or in a closely related development field, including at the international level is required;
- Experience in conceptualizing and managing the production of printed materials, including brochures, flyers, banners, and reports is required;
- Experience managing social media tools and platforms is required;
- Experience with managing website content is required;
- Excellent skills in storytelling, writing, and editing is desirable;
- Demonstrated experience in developing content that clearly communicates development ideas and experiences for media, web and audio-visual productions is desirable;
- Competence with software packages, including Hootsuite, Canva, PowerPoint, and basic design software such as adobe PhotoShop, InDesign, and Illustrator is an asset
- Familiarity with accessible communications and experience in producing accessible content such as ePub, DAISY and Alt text is an advantage
- Ability to work with computer, web based management systems and office software packages (Google Suite, MS Office) is desirable.
- Ability to think strategically and identify ways to improve communication efforts is desirable;
- Experience in UN system organizations, preferably in a developing country is desirable.
- Full working knowledge of English is essential.
- Knowledge of another official UN language, particularly French , is an asset.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Switzerland, please click here: UN jobs in Switzerland