- Country: Switzerland
- Vacancies No: N/A
- Salary: N/A
- No of Jobs: N/A
- Education: N/a
- Experience: 10 years
- Gender: Both
What you will do:
Some of your specific responsibilities include:
- Provide a central, accessible point of contact for coordination staff (i.e. protection cluster coordinators, co-coordinators, etc.)requesting technical advice and support. This includes managing, monitoring, and coordinating field support requests (via online platform, email, Teams/WhatsApp, etc.) dispatching them to interagency support desk technical focal points and updating field support tracking system (40%).
- Promote, manage, and oversee the GPC interagency online community of practice for field-based protection coordinators and IMOs to also foster peer to peer support, discussions and sharing of best practices between field colleagues and global/regional technical focal points (20%).
- Produce regular analysis of GPC protection support desk trends and effectiveness (requests, support, priorities, gaps, achievements, etc.) to be shared during weekly Support Desk coordination meetings with GPC Ops Cell field operation focal points and during monthly interagency Support Desk meetings and other relevant forums (e.g., GPC SAG). These trends analysis (which will be carried out in close coordination with GPC Ops Cell technical focal points s and relevant stakeholders), will help identify opportunities and needs for developing or improving guidance and tools, and other learning needs (15%).
- Support the consolidation of best practices identified through the Support Desk and community of practice to support and contribute (interim) technical guidance where needed in coordination with the relevant GPC Ops Cell technical focal points. This could include interim resource compendiums, key considerations, or examples of recent good practices, or where capacity allows, support to develop interim standard operating procedures (15%)
- Support the design, development and roll out of the GPC induction program, and support Ops Cell on Learning & Development as relevant, including regarding the organization of relevant sessions in annual face to face or GPC led online learning opportunities, and perform other tasks related to Protection Field support as requested by the Head of Ops Cell Head (10%).
What you will bring:
- At least 10 years of experience in humanitarian protection programming, including both strategic and specialized protection work.
- Excellent understanding of the humanitarian architecture at global and field level and the transformative agenda.
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal.
- Proven ability to work independently and deliver results.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proven coaching and mentoring skills.
- Familiarity with the work, working methods, and members of the GPC.
- Self-awareness about own leadership skills/profile.
- Experience working in or leading humanitarian coordination work, particularly Protection Cluster/Sector or related coordination forums.
- Working proficiency in at least one of the following: French, Spanish or Arabic.
- Experience working on a wide variety of protection activities, including those coordinated through the AoRs.
- Established relations with field-based protection coordination staff in several key emergency affected settings.
- Database design/management & data analysis.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Switzerland, please click here: UN jobs in Switzerland