- Country: France
- Vacancies No: N/A
- Salary: N/A
- No of Jobs: N/A
- Education: Master’s degree
- Experience: 4 years
- Gender: Both
OVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST
The programme of Technology and Artificial Intelligence (AI) in Education within the Future of Learning and Innovation Team, Education Sector, aims to strengthen Member States’ efforts to leverage technological innovation to support the achievement of SDG 4 and enable the futures of learning. The main areas of work include national ICT in education policies, AI and education, open educational resources (OER) and digital learning, as well as normative work to help steer the use of emerging technology as a public good for education.
Technological innovation in education is one of the thematic priorities of the Education Sector in the UNESCO 41 C/4 Medium-Term Strategy (2022-2029) and the 42 C/5 Programme and Budget (2024-2025). The main expected outputs of the 41 C/4 and 42 C/5 on leveraging technological and digital innovations are to ensure more inclusive, effective and relevant learning through promoting public digital learning, developing AI competencies, and leveraging data and AI tools for learning.
Under the overall authority of the Assistant Director-General for Education (ADG/ED), the guidance of the Director of the Future of Learning and Innovation Team (ED/FLI) and the direct supervision of the Chief of Unit for Technology and AI in Education (ED/FLI/ICT), the incumbent will coordinate the implementation of the regular programme and extra-budgetary projects in the field of digital learning and AI in education. More specifically, the incumbent will carry out the following tasks and responsibilities:
1. Background research and knowledge production
– Undertake background research in the field of digital learning and AI in education.
– Coordinate the planning and conceptualization of research proposals.
– Coordinate the review, research and drafting of technical reports.
– Coordinate the development of communication materials and/or tools for the promotion of the publications on digital learning and AI in education.
2. Coordination of project implementation
– Coordinate the planning, implementation and monitoring of projects and activities under the regular programme and extra-budgetary funds.
– Coordinate the planning and implementation of conferences and technical events.
3. Resource mobilization and partnership building
– Contribute to resource mobilization by drafting project proposals and communicating with donors and partners.
– Contribute to the building and maintenance of partnerships with internal entities, UN agencies and external partners.
- Advanced university degree (Master or equivalent), preferably in the field of education, educational technology, or related fields.
- Minimum 4 years of relevant professional experience in areas related to digital learning or AI in education, including at least three (3) years implementing international projects.
- Experience in evidence-based educational research, policy reviews or data analysis.
- Experience in developing and disseminating knowledge products, including for policy-planning and capacity development purposes.
- Experience in networking with a range of partners, donors and other stakeholders.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Excellent analytical skills and knowledge of trends related to digital learning or AI in education.
- Ability to draft high-quality, clear and concise analyses, studies and reports.
- Ability to draft concept notes or project proposals.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with a proven ability to maintain effective working relations within a multicultural environment and team.
- Demonstrated capacity to work under tight deadlines.
- Skills in using statistics software and digital tools to support research and data analysis.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in France, please click here: UN jobs in France