- Country: France
- Vacancies No: N/A
- Salary: N/A
- No of Jobs: N/A
- Education: Secondary education
- Experience: 2 years
- Gender: Both
SUMMARY OF JOB DUTIES
The Security Service is responsible for ensuring, in compliance with the laws and regulations of the host country, the rules of international law and the standards in force within the United Nations Security Management System (UNSMS), the safety of UNESCO staff, that of all people present within the Organization’s premises, as well as the preservation and safeguarding of all movable and immovable property for which it is responsible.
The incumbent is assigned to the group which works day or night in rotating shifts of 8 or 12 hours of more or less 30 minutes. He/she works in cycles or on a weekly schedule depending on the organizational needs of the service. He/she carries out his/her missions under the general authority of the head of the Security Service and his deputy in charge of Operations at Headquarters. He/she is supervised by the head of the Security Unit and supervised by a team leader who exercises operational authority. In this context, the post holder will be responsible for various operational missions on one or other of the Organization’s two sites in Paris.
On a regular basis, he/she may be required to:
- Fulfill a mission of general security, access control, crowd management, reception and orientation of visitors and protection of personalities.
- Carry out physical, documentary and electronic security checks on any person or vehicle entering the Organization’s premises and ensure the validity of titles and access authorizations.
- Carry out static and dynamic surveillance missions.
- Assist the Station Manager in supplying an IT mainframe, managing the radio network or monitoring video protection cameras.
- Ensure that regulations and professional standards are applied and respected.
- Ensure operational and technical skills are up to date and participate in all mandatory training, training and exercises.
- React in all circumstances with tact and composure in unforeseen and/or delicate situations and report immediately to your superiors.
In the event that the application is pre-selected, the presentation of a criminal record bulletin No. 3 will be required.
SKILLS (Fundamental / Managerial)
- Secondary school diploma, general, technical or professional;
- Qualification training in the field of security (Professional title of Prevention and Security Agent (TFP APS), Professional Qualification Certificate of Prevention and Security Agent (CQP APS) or equivalent training).
- A minimum of 2 years of professional experience within an institutional Security force, civil or military (Police, Gendarmerie, Army, RATP/SNCF Security Services or Security/Security personnel under the Security Management System United Nations – UNSMS – of which UNESCO is a part) or a private security company with state approval.
- Knowledge of technical and electronic security equipment, professional intervention techniques adapted to the legal or regulatory framework.
- Excellent professional conscience and sense of service and observation and analytical skills.
- Excellent physical condition.
- Ability to carry a firearm as well as wearing a regulation uniform.
- Ability to manage sensitive or dangerous situations with composure and perseverance.
- Ability to operate with discernment, tact and courtesy in an international and diplomatic environment.
- Respect for professional secrecy and the ethics specific to a Security service.
- Excellent team spirit, restraint in professional relationships and respect for the hierarchical chain.
- Availability, flexibility and ability to adapt to service schedules and circumstances.
- Basic knowledge of computers and office automation.
- Excellent knowledge of spoken French and satisfactory ability to write.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in France, please click here: UN jobs in France