- Country: France
- Vacancies No: N/A
- Salary: N/A
- No of Jobs: N/A
- Education: Master’s degree
- Experience: 10 years
- Gender: Both
OVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST
Under the overall authority of the Assistant Director-General of Education (ADG/ED), and the direct supervision of the Director of the Division for the Future of Learning and Innovation (DIR/ED/FLI), the incumbent will lead the design, management, implementation and monitoring of the programme in the Section of Technology and Artificial Intelligence in Education. The Section plays an essential role in providing policy guidance, strengthening national capacities for policy formulation and implementation, developing norms, standards and tools, and mobilizing resources to help ensure a human-centered approach to the digitization of education. The Chief of Section will ensure that technical support and backstopping is provided to UNESCO Field Offices in their efforts to reinforce the capacity of Member States to steer the digital transformation of education in support of inclusive and equitable quality education and lifelong learning opportunities for all. In doing so, s/he will coordinate with Education Sector teams at Headquarters, Regional Bureaus, Category I Institutes, UNESCO Programme Sectors, as well as other partners.
In leading the design, development, implementation and monitoring of the Section’s programme in technologies and AI in education, the incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:
- Lead and coordinate UNESCO’s efforts to develop international standards, normative instruments, as well as policy guidance materials and tools related to various dimensions of the use of digital technology in education;
- Provide policy advice and capacity building support to Members States in the field of digital education and AI in education, in close cooperation with Field Offices, as well as other partners;
- Organize UNESCO’s global annual flagship event, Digital Learning Week, in cooperation with UNESCO Sectors, UN agencies, and other international partners involved in digital education;
- Establish, develop and sustain strong working relations and partnership with governments, UN agencies, NGOs, private sector, civil society and other partners of UNESCO;
- Lead, support and manage the staff of the Section;
- Mobilize resources for the Section’s programmes;
- Monitor the effectiveness and impact of the Section’s Programmes and activities in support of Member States.
COMPETENCIES (Core / Managerial)
- Advanced university degree (Master’s or equivalent) in education or related fields of social sciences.
- Minimum 10 years of progressively responsible relevant professional experience in the field of education, of which preferably, at least 5 years acquired at the international level, including in policy development related to technology in education.
- Experience in designing and implementing national and/or international large-scale digital education programmes.
- Experience in resource mobilization and partnership development.
- Experience in leading and managing teams of professionals in a multicultural environment.
Skills and Competencies
- Good understanding of global trends and developments related to technological innovation in education.
- Technical skills including the ability to provide advice on educational policy, strategic planning and management in the area of ICTs in education and/or digital learning.
- Ability to organize and engage in policy dialogue with high-level government officials, international education partners, civil society representatives, and researchers with regard to technology in education.
- Ability to accompany and lead change initiatives.
- Excellent leadership and managerial skills, including sound analytical capacities, high sense of objectivity, professional integrity and political astuteness.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to prepare, present and discuss findings and recommendations on education issues clearly and concisely.
- Excellent knowledge (written and spoken) of English or French and working knowledge of the other.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in France, please click here: UN jobs in France