- Country: France
- Vacancies No: N/A
- Salary: N/A
- No of Jobs: N/A
- Education: Master’s degree
- Experience: 2 years
- Gender: Both
OVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST
The Digital Bureau Solution is the entity responsible for ICT operations and Information management within UNESCO, and reports to the Assistant Director General for Administration and Management. The team oversees the implementation of UNESO’s digital strategy, with the delivery of (1) more integrated and properly codified project and knowledge management in support of program delivery; (2) the provision of a resilient IT infrastructure, and best-in-class service management to enable effective program delivery; and (3) the provision of strengthened Institutional Memory management.
Under the overall authority of the Chief Information Technology Officer and the direct supervision of the Chief Archivist, the Audiovisual Archivist will manage the Organization’s audiovisual archives, ensuring good practices, and contributing to the preservation, enhancement, and valorization of the audiovisual documentary heritage, both analog and digital, in line with the institutional memory strategy.
The Audiovisual Archivist contributes to the development of the strategy and establishes, maintains, and evolves management policies and procedures for UNESCO’s audiovisual assets to ensure their long-term preservation and access on approved UNESCO platforms.
Major Activities, Nature of the work
In particular the incumbent will:
- Manage and publish multimedia assets on UNESCO approved platforms; participate in communication, outreach, and partnership initiatives related to audiovisual archives.
- Plan, organize, lead, and monitor long-term digital preservation for audiovisual records, in collaboration with other colleagues, combining cloud and on-premises storage repositories.
- Manage physical conservation of audiovisual assets in accordance with required standards as they relate to audiovisual records preservation and safeguarding.
- Advise content producers and staff on best practices for the preservation, safeguarding and management of audiovisual assets and assists in advocacy and outreach programmes as they relate to audiovisual records preservation and safeguarding.
- Commit to Continuous Learning in Audiovisual archiving.
COMPETENCIES (Core / Managerial)
- Advanced university degree (master’s degree or equivalent) in information management, archival science, or a related field; and/or in audiovisual preservation, audiovisual management, or a related field.
- At least two years of work experience in audiovisual archives management or related fields of which preferably 1 year acquired at international level.
- Experience in managing audiovisual assets in both analog and digital formats is required.
Skills and competencies
- Understanding of digital storage architecture and technologies, including onsite storage, cloud storage and hybrid solutions.
- In-depth knowledge of audiovisual content archiving practices.
- Knowledge of norms and standards in audiovisual archives management.
- Effective communication skills to collaborate with content creators, producers, editors and other stakeholders to understand asset storage needs and requirement.
- Utmost discretion and integrity.
- Service-oriented and ability to deal efficiently and tactfully with people of different cultural backgrounds.
- Attention to detail and meticulousness.
- Ability to take initiatives and provide quality and timely support services.
- Good Knowledge of IT tools with proficiency in the use of MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Excellent knowledge of English or French and good knowledge of the other language.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in France, please click here: UN jobs in France