- Country: Iraq
- Vacancies No: N/A
- Salary: N/A
- No of Jobs: N/A
- Education: N/A
- Experience: 3 years
- Gender: Both
Specifically, you will;
- Support PM in monitoring and tracking education budgets, updating spending plans, procurement plans, work plans and recruitment plans.
- Support PM in preparing monthly progress report and maintain GORS reports updated.
- Liaise and collaborate with relevant local authorities and other key stakeholders such as DoE.
- Represent NRC in Education cluster and other coordination meetings related to education.
- Provide guidance to the Education Team members, and coordinate activities with other NRC sectors, i.e., Livelihoods, ICLA, shelter and Infrastructure departments.
- Monitor, evaluate and suggest changes and improvements in the project and materials based on observations and discussions with the local staff and the PM/AM.
- Support in development of proposals and budgets for educational activities.
- Any other task relevant to the position as requested by line manager.
Generic professional competencies for this position:
- Experience from working at least 3 years in education project implementation position in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Previous experience of working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
Context related skills, knowledge, and experience (shall be adapted to the specific position):
- Knowledge of education context in Anbar.
- understanding of the circumstances, needs and challenges refugees/IDPs and the host community children face.
- Understanding of Iraq’s contextualized INEE minimum standards
- Knowledge of the basics of Child Protection and/or psychosocial support
- Experience working with children and/or educators; MoE-level experience a plus.
- Experience training or building the capacity of others.
- Candidates with a university and/or advanced degree preferred significant experience in the field of education.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Iraq, please click here: UN jobs in Iraq