- Country: Ukraine
- Vacancies No: N/A
- Salary: N/A
- No of Jobs: N/A
- Education: Secondary education
- Experience: 6 years
- Gender: Both
Key functions, accountabilities and related duties/tasks
- Monitors budgets and financial expenditures of section, ensuring compliance with UNICEF rules and regulations, keeping supervisor informed and advised on actions for decision/follow up.
- Provides support on budget revision/preparation, implementation status, determination position of funding utilization, operational, and financial closure.
- Prepares and maintains records, documents and control plans for the budget monitoring of project/programme implementation.
- Advises and assists on all aspects related to the preparation of reports, compilation of data and answering queries on fund commitments recorded, funds received, and adjustments made to ensure financial compliance, accuracy and completeness of data for its inclusion into the statement of accounts and adjustment of budgets. Advise units of discrepancies and assist in resolving differences in their records.
- Carries out transactions in VISION pertaining to grants for his/her section such as registering grant allotments and tracking expiring programme grants.
Support to Financial Control
- Maintains and develops unit/work plans and budgets as well as off line financial status reports for Unit work plans.
- Review and process payments in VISON related to HACT, utility payments, supplies, PO, advances and other payments. Check that the requests have the necessary supporting documents, including original documents, the validity of the charge, the certification by responsible staff and are coded correctly. File the transactions and the related supporting documents regularly and share copies with relevant sections as required.
- Process budget revisions of Unit projects for approval of the Chief
- Submit periodic financial reports for management oversight, monitoring and review and confirm availability of funds as required.
- Maintains financial records and monitoring systems to record and reconcile expenditures, balances, payments, statements and other data for day-to-day transactions and reports.
- Selects and enters data from a wide variety of documents, verifying and ensuring accuracy by checking sources, making necessary calculations and assuring inclusion of all relevant data.
- Prepares recurring reports as schedules and special reports, as required for budget preparation, audits or other reasons.
Financial Support for Partners
- Support the review of partner financial reports and supporting documentation, provide feedbacks to partners and flag any compliance and financial management issues to UNICEF management.
- Verify completeness and accuracy of all accounting and budgeting documents as soon as data is received.
- Collaborate closely with partners to ensure completeness, correctness and accuracy of financial reports and supporting documents.
- Assist the revision and preparation of partner’s direct cash transfer requests, revise both advance payments and expenses reported.
- Assist in building and tracking all partners budgets and financial reporting results.
- Provide support in the preparation of internal finance reporting.
- Ensure compliance with UNICEF procedures and guidelines.
- Together with Program staff, provide backstopping and problem solving for partners to reach the specific reporting requirements.
- Conduct periodical finance visit to partners to ensure partners compliance with UNICEF processes
- Assist in the implementation of finance policies, procedures and systems.
- Provide support in the preparation and conduct of financial trainings for partner organizations.
- Collaborate closely with partner organizations on regular basis to provide financial and program support in areas of finance.
- Coordinates with the HACT Focal Point, Finance Officer, Programme staff members and Third-Party Auditors to arrange and conduct Financial Assurance activities of programme implementing partners in compliance with UNICEF Financial & HACT policies, procedures and Guidance notes in accordance with the quarterly HACT Assurance Plans.
- Any other relevant tasks assigned by supervisor
Impact of Results
The work of Finance directly impacts the quality and timeliness of the delivery of a range of different services for which the unit is accountable. The efficiency and effectiveness of the Finance Associate directly impacts on the optimum, appropriate and effective use of resources and efficient financial recording, accounting and reporting, which in turn facilitates management oversight, decision making and quality control.
The effective and successful achievement of results by the incumbent directly impacts on the ability of UNICEF to systematically and adequately fulfill its fiduciary responsibilities to its clients and enhances the organization’s financial and programme performances.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Completion of secondary education is required, with professional/university level qualifications in Accounting and Finance/Business administration considered as an asset.
- A minimum of six years of clerical experience in the area of finance and accounting is required.
- For this position, a bachelor’s degree from a recognized academic institution in a relevant field may replace three years of related work experience. A master’s degree may replace additional two years.
- Fluency in English and Ukrainian is required. Knowledge of another UN language is considered as an asset.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Ukraine, please click here: UN jobs in Ukraine