- Country: Ukraine
- Vacancies No: N/A
- Salary: N/A
- No of Jobs: N/A
- Education: Bachelor’s degree
- Experience: 3 years
- Gender: Both
Functions / Key Results Expected
1. Maintain communications with UN personnel on safety and security-related matters
• Receive, transmit and relay security and safety messages and information on behalf of the Designated Official/Principal Security Adviser
• Use identified means of communication to personnel, escalating to appropriate managers, when necessary
• Monitor the usage and verify operational status of the security communications systems (SCS)
2. Monitor and support personnel movement in the country
• Approve security clearances on behalf of the Principal Security Adviser, as directed
• Monitor and track mission movement, including the use of GPS/GPRS systems, and reporting mission progress
• Provide advice to UN personnel regarding the security situation, conditions of roads, location of block-posts, closest medical facilities and other relevant information for guiding missions in the field.
3. Provide support during incidents and emergencies
• Provide immediate support to UNSMS personnel involved in security or safety incidents, and escalate, as appropriate
• Support UNDSS field security officers in headcount, and report accordingly
4. Maintain data and information for security operations
• Closely monitor open-source media and UN-provided sources to input and record into database
• Maintain accurate and updated staff lists of UNSMS personnel
• Maintain contact details of emergency response services and support structures of host government, local authorities and contracted private security companies
• Contribute to the production of maps, analytics, analysis reports and other security-related documents
• Maintain records and logs of all actions and communications during shift
• Prepare shift handover reports
5. Perform other duties, as directed by the Security Operations Supervisor.
- Commitment: Actively contributes to achieving organizational goals.
- Diversity: Respects others and values their diverse perspectives and contributions.
- Integrity: Acts in a manner consistent with the United Nations’ Core Values and organizational principles.
- Accountability: Takes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Commits to the ideals of the United Nations Charter and the Organization’s core values and possesses the UN core competencies;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Knowledge management and learning:
- Shares knowledge and experience;
- Provides helpful feedback and advice to others in the office.
- Operational effectiveness:
- Demonstrates excellent knowledge of security and incident protocols;
- Shows operational resilience.
- Focuses on results for the client;
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
- Remains patient, in control, calm, resilient, emphatic and good humoured, even when under high pressure or managing complex incidents;
- Responds positively to critical feedback and differing points of views;
- Proven interpersonal skills and the ability to work and cooperate in a multicultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
- Proven and sustained communication (verbal and written) skills in the official UN language(s) and the local language(s) used at the duty station;
- Proven listening skills, including ability to understand different accents.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in security management, business administration, law, information technology, engineering, management, social sciences or related field is required.
- Minimum of three (3) years of customer service, emergency response, information and data management or other relevant field is required.
- Strong skills in computer-based tools such as MS Office Suite and other computer, web and smartphone applications.
- Previous experience in information management with army/police SOC, TOC, or JOC, security services, or emergency services is desirable.
- Experience with radio, satellite and web-based communications is desirable.
- Experience in UN, I/NGO or international/diplomatic organizations is desirable.
- Fluency in English and Ukrainian is required.
- Knowledge of Russian is desirable.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Ukraine, please click here: UN jobs in Ukraine