- Country: Ukraine
- Vacancies No: N/A
- Salary: N/A
- No of Jobs: N/A
- Education: Graduate
- Experience: N/A
- Gender: Both
Safety and Security Management
- Support IRC by assisting the HASSO in providing technical support to the wider team on all policies, procedures, guidelines, and planning for staff safety, and operational security.
- Support IRC by assisting the HASSO in evaluating, reviewing, and updating security management plans regularly. Reference and ensure compliance with the IRC Security Management Framework within the SMP and all annexes.
- Support IRC and the HA&SS Dpt. by assisting the HASSO in working with key stakeholders to develop, consolidate, and implement operating procedures and contingency plans.
- Support IRC and the HA&SS Dpt by assisting the HASSO in evaluating, reviewing, and updating the hibernation and evacuation plans and ensuring that practical preparations are in place and known to all relevant staff.
- Support IRC and the HA&SS Dpt by assisting the HASSO in conducting risk assessments of contracted and prospective offices, residences, and hotels. Follow up on actions to be taken to ensure compliance with safety and security standards.
- Support IRC and the HA&SS Dpt by assisting the HASSO in undertaking continual assessments of equipment, and the protocols by which that equipment is used, to ensure that minimal conditions for security are being met.
- Assist the HASSO in implementing the best possible solutions for the use of equipment to facilitate communication between staff, including proposing safe alternative means of communication and equipment.
- Assist the HASSO with the follow-up on actions to be taken to ensure compliance with safety and security standards
- Support IRC and the HA&SS Dpt, by assisting the HASSO in ensuring safety and security protocols, reporting mechanisms, and capacity-building initiatives account for gender-specific risks, staff profiles, and background, and are sensitive to local contexts.
- Assist the HASSO on the update, regularly, all safety documentation relating to their area of operation (SOPs, CPs, Security briefing, S&S regulation memo, CONOPs, etc.)
- Support the HASSO in tracking all the movements in its Area of Responsability.
Networking and Liaison
· Monitor and provide support and reporting on NGO security initiatives, as required.
- Work to ensure that IRC, its mission, and work in all areas of operation are known and accepted.
- Work to encourage stakeholders to collaborate with IRC in ensuring that staff are safe and given permission to continue humanitarian activities in Ukraine
- Liaise with relevant security actors e.g., NGO security staff, UN, security forces, local community stakeholders, and local authorities.
Context Understanding and Reporting
- Compile and submit regular reports that track incidents and trends in local security contexts.
- Submit daily contextual updates as needed to relevant staff.
- Support the HASSO to ensure all incidents and accidents are followed up with an official written report, which is then shared with relevant stakeholders and filed appropriately.
- Monitor the operating environment in the region, identify new threats, assess IRC vulnerabilities, and recommend possible responses to the HASSO.
· Provide credible information and contextual understanding of localized and country-wide security situations and incidents along with appropriate advice to IRC.
· Weekly rotational monitoring on-call nights and weekends are expected.
Education: Graduation from a higher education facility in a relevant subject is preferred, however, secondary education and significant professional experience will be considered.
· Demonstrable experience of civilian, non-profit, or NGO work experience within international humanitarian assistance programs, having undertaken planning, organizing, and executing security operations in the field.
· Experience in obtaining information on local, national, and international development, and providing clear dynamic briefings and analysis of given and unfolding security and political situations when they occur (both written and verbal)
Demonstrated Leadership Competencies:
- Excellent relationship-building, interpersonal skills, and the ability to effectively represent IRC at forums and with external stakeholders
- Strong negotiation and mediation skills essential with experience in conflict resolution essential
- Superior oral and written communication skills, with the ability to express ideas and concepts clearly and persuasively with senior internal and external stakeholders
- Experience working successfully with local stakeholders such as local and international NGOs, local authorities, government, etc. with sensitivity and diplomacy.
- Fluency in spoken and written Ukrainian, Russian, and English.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Ukraine, please click here: UN jobs in Ukraine