- Country: Ukraine
- Vacancies No: N/A
- Salary: N/A
- No of Jobs: N/A
- Education: Bachelor’s degree
- Experience: 3 years
- Gender: Both
• Conduct analysis of needs assessment (regarding demolition and debris activities), establish priorities and identify a priority list for emergency demolition and debris management.
• Participate in preparation of plans and other necessary documents timely for successful implementation of project activities (construction, demolition, and debris removal work).
• Liaise with respective governmental bodies to ensure the component activities are implemented in a timely and efficient manner.
• Take measures to prevent and eliminate defects and make propositions on optimization.
• Liaise with UNDP Mine Action Component of Project(s) and counterparts involved (Mine action specialist, demining organization, State Emergency Service of Ukraine, etc.) to ensure safe and non-stop work of UNDP Contractor(s), demolition and debris removal work (demining activities will be performed by other implementing partners).
– Site engineers who perform daily oversight of UNDP Contractor’ works.
– UNDP Contractors who perform construction, demolition and debris removal work related to the Project(s).
• Process site engineers or/and contractors reports and provide feedback for daily / weekly works progress reports to Engineering Analyst, Debris Technical Lead and Debris Removal Project Manager.
• Conduct regular visits to project sites and monitor the progress of works.
• Participate in preparation of handover of completed works to the relevant authorities.
• Participate in relevant meetings and share information with partners and UN agencies.
• Follow the legislation and regulations, rules, and specific UNDP procedures while performing respected duties.
• Assist with preparation of guidelines for carrying out projects and contribute to reporting on the work done at project sites.
• Provide advisory support to local authorities (communities) and assess the accordance of operations.
• Support local authorities (communities) with preparation of related documentation and collaborate with local authorities (communities) in the projects’ implementation.
• Collaborate with the project team on assessing indicators of UNDP’s suppliers performing sub-standard services and/or providing sub-standard equipment that could indicate malpractices; promptly inform the Engineering Analyst and Debris Removal Project Manager.
• Participate in preparation of project reports, including progress and annual reports, as well as special technical reports.
• Provide (if needed) input for amendment of norms, certification and other requirements (including environmental, energy efficiency) and provide technical advice in case selected projects require permissions and construction certificates, other permitting documentation, as required.
• Participate in preparation of necessary technical documentation (report forms, weekly/monthly).
• Make sure to include gender equality in your work, create a safe and supportive environment without discrimination or abuse, and communicate in a way that considers gender, following company principles.
• Perform other activities as requested by the Engineering Analyst, Debris Technical Lead and Debris Removal Project Manager.
27 – 80
Candidate must be a national or legal resident of the country of assignment.
3 years of experience in managing/developing civil engineering projects at the national or international level, demolition/ debris management, reconstruction of public and private infrastructures or in other related fields.
• Relevant experience at the national or international level in managing/developing civil engineering projects, demolition/debris management, reconstruction of public and private infrastructures or in other related fields.
• Experience in the field of technical supervision.
• Experience of working with relevant stakeholders from the governmental and non-governmental institutions involved into recovery as well as economic and social development issues at the national and sub-national levels will be a strong advantage.
• Knowledge of regulations and requirements in the field of construction, demolition and debris management.
• Excellent knowledge of civil engineering and modern construction technology.
• Sound knowledge of technical specifications and performance schedules of construction and installation works.
• Knowledge of procedures for quality control procedures.
• Good familiarity with national legislation in the area of construction, norms and standards of construction works, including critical infrastructures.
Area(s) of expertise
Engineering and construction , Architecture and settlements
Ukrainian, Level: Fluent, Required
English, Level: Working knowledge, Required
Required education level
Bachelor degree or equivalent in Civil Engineering, Engineering, Architecture, Construction or related field.
Competencies and values
• Adaptability and flexibility
• Judgement and decision-making
• Planning and organizing
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Ukraine, please click here: UN jobs in Ukraine