- Country: Congo
- Vacancies No: N/A
- Salary: N/A
- No of Jobs: N/A
- Education: Bachelor’s degree
- Experience: 3 years
- Gender: Both
- Tasks and Responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of the Radio Okapi Program Manager, the director will assume the following roles and responsibilities:
- Prepare the Text and Excel Conductors of the program according to journalistic standards and UN values for Radio Okapi;
- Work with the studio technician in a spirit of anticipation;
- Ensure control of photographic and video content; publication of online video and photographic content and programs; editorial support; write captions for UN photos
- Editing video content, publishing online content;
- Schedule appointments with guests and other stakeholders;
- Listen to the sounds before they are broadcast on the air;
- Ensure the broadcast is put online;
- Participate in the planning and coordination of exhibitions and special events; establish relationships with relevant departments/institutions; draft and edit reports, production schedules, press releases and related texts, and correspondence relating to the planning and production of exhibitions and special projects;
- Enrich Radio Okapi articles with links, sounds, photos and videos and other elements according to Web practice;
- Be able to take videos and photos
- Process current photos and videos;
- Participate in editorial conferences and other meetings of Radio Okapi teams;
- Perform other tasks as needed
2. Monitoring and progress checks.
- Production of programs meeting journalistic standards and UN values for the central editorial staff and the Radio Okapi website (Radio Okapi.net);
- Ensure replacement of the facilitator in the event of absence;
- Regular participation in coordination meetings, programs and proposal of relevant subjects;
3. Final product
- The productions and articles published comply with the expectations of supervisors, the values of the UN and the journalistic standards in force at Radio Okapi.
- A university degree (Bachelor) in Information and Communication Sciences or a related field is required.
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience in the field of communications is required.
- Experience in processing and broadcasting information on radio, and the ability to work independently are required.
- Professional experience with the United Nations, other international organizations or NGOs is desirable.
- Experience in handling political information or public administration in the DRC is necessary.
- Have a perfect command of French (read, spoken and written);
- Knowledge of English is a considerable asset.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Congo, please click here: UN jobs in Congo