- Country: Congo
- Vacancies No: N/A
- Salary: N/A
- No of Jobs: N/A
- Gender: Both
Under the direct supervision of the Project Coordinator, the project consultant will have, among others to be agreed in contract, the following primary responsibilities:
- Conduct in-depth analysis of existing policies, programmes and other guiding frameworks on school feeding and smallholder farming in Brazil and Congo, as well as good practices from the Global South and development partners. The research will be done mainly through literature reviews, analysis of primary and secondary data and interviews with stakeholders from the governments and development partners (Rome-Based Agencies, civil society, academia).
- Contribute to strategy design to achieve the project’s planned products and activities with the Project Coordinator and technical team, ensuring a high-level of quality and alignment of project deliverables and timeliness in the completion of activities.
- Support and facilitate relevant activities at the central, departmental and local levels for the development and dissemination of technical products (including trainings and validation workshops). Accompany the development of the project’s territorial actions and make any necessary adjustments and recommendations in coordination with the government partner.
- Support and articulate with the WFP offices the liaison with government partners in Congo and in Brazil for core knowledge products. Consolidate and systematize policy learnings and recommendations from the South-South exchanges between Brazil and Congo, including online workshops, study visits, and field missions.
Based on the above accountabilities, the consultant will prepare and complete the following deliverables:
- Report with recommendations for the Congolese national policy framework to strengthen local food value chains;
- Manual for rural extension agents;
- Capacity needs assessment of targeted farmers associations;
- Training of trainers manual for farmers associations on the provision of effective services;
- Needs assessment in the project target schools;
- Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for local purchases for school feeding;
- National school feeding programme strategy.
Qualifications and experience
Education: Advanced University degree in Social Sciences, International Affairs, Political Sciences, Economics, Agricultural Sciences or other field relevant to international development assistance. Or university degree with additional years of experience
- A minimum of 3 years of progressively responsible professional experience in school feeding or smallholder farmer support programmes;
- Proven experience in working with UN agencies, government, donors and/or NGOs partners;
- Working experience related to food and nutrition security programmes, including school feeding, smallholder farming, food assistance or South-South cooperation;
- Experience in conducting assessments and analyzing data to inform programme design and decision-making;
- Prior experience in government capacity strengthening activities.
• Strong technical expertise in designing and implementing school feeding and smallholder farmer support programmes.
• Knowledge of food security, nutrition, and rural development.
• Sound knowledge of project cycle, programme and resource management, humanitarian principles and tools, programmes and transfer modalities.
• Ability to translate understanding of programme principles into relevant, effective, and context specific approaches;
• General knowledge of UN system policies, rules, regulations and procedures. Training and/or experience utilizing computers, including word processing, spreadsheet, and/or other standard WFP software packages and systems.
Language: Fluency in written and oral communication in Englishand French. Knowledge of Portuguese is highly desirable.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Congo, please click here: UN jobs in Congo