- Country: Congo
- Vacancies No: N/A
- Salary: N/A
- Organization: UNHCR
- Gender: Both
- Deadline: November 28, 2023
– Assist in managing the flow of information to the supervisor, in identifying priority matters that need to be urgently addressed by the supervisor and in proposing actions; analyse supporting documentation and summarize most relevant points for the supervisor; contribute to ensuring that appropriate action is taken by responsible Section Heads on matters brought to the attention of the supervisor.
– Assist in following-up on policies and instructions presented by the supervisor. Keep the supervisor aware of developments in UNHCR’s major world-wide operations and of policy issues related directly to UNHCR or to humanitarian issues under the broader UN system.
– Assist the supervisor in the preparation of statements that represent UNHCR’s overall policies and which highlight specific areas of concern. Propose and draft substantive correspondence for the supervisor.
– Confer with Section Heads to secure timely and authoritative information relevant to matters requiring action, decisions or the signature of the supervisor.
– Ensure that the supervisor is prepared for meetings and missions by drafting talking points, by researching relevant information; and by establishing contacts (within and outside UNHCR) on the subject matters to be discussed.
– Accompany the supervisor to meetings and on missions in order to prepare notes on the discussions, ensure follow-up in matters raised, and support the supervisor with any relevant input.
– Support the supervisor in efforts to raise the profile of UNHCR and the agency’s concerns within the context of the broader United Nations system.
– Contribute to coordinating drafts of position papers and other documents relevant to the activities of the Office.
– Ensure that high-level visitors are appropriately addressed, that they receive background information as necessary, and that protocol is respected.
– Prioritise tasks and organize work independently.
– Select and make pertinent abstracts and search for information.
– Have access to sensitive and confidential information.
– Support the identification and management of risks and seek to seize opportunities impacting objectives in the area of responsibility. Ensure decision making in risk based in the functional area of work. Raise risks, issues and concerns to a supervisor or to relevant functional colleague(s).
– Perform other related duties as required.
Education & Professional Work Experience
Years of Experience / Degree Level
For P2/NOB – 3 years relevant experience with Undergraduate degree; or 2 years relevant experience with Graduate degree; or 1 year relevant experience with Doctorate degree
Field(s) of Education
International Relations; Law; Political Science;
or other relevant field.
(Field(s) of Education marked with an asterisk* are essential)
Certificates and/or Licenses
(Certificates and Licenses marked with an asterisk* are essential)
Relevant Job Experience
3 years of previous work experience relevant to the function. A proven ability to act with discretion and diplomacy is essential for this function.
Good knowledge and experience of UNHCR operations.
CO-Drafting and Documentation;
(Functional Skills marked with an asterisk* are essential)
For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
For National Professional jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Congo, please click here: UN jobs in Congo