- Country: Lyon, France
- No of vacancies: N/A
- Salary: USD 77,326
- Organization: WHO
- Gender: Both
- Deadline: 2024-01-02
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
- Manages the programme area of work in delivering its objectives through efficient management of a small team of operational staff, to optimize the programme’s deliverables in line with the mandate of the Organization.
- Develops and monitors work plans and budgets for the team’s activities and follow up on the implementation of planned activities.
- Coordinates the provision of safe, secure, legally compliant office and conference premises with due regard for relevant standards and best practice as well as any relevant guidelines established by health technical units within WHO. Undertakes appropriate monitoring, and designs and implements appropriate safeguards to ensure the integrity and safety of essential building services and systems. Manage office space allocation.
- Plans, specifies and coordinates appropriate planned and reactive maintenance programmes of premises and their infrastructure to minimize waste, unplanned down time, operation and energy costs and emergency repairs.
- Specifies and drafts requests for proposals with regard to contracts and subcontracts for various outsourced services, monitors service level agreements. Supervises and manages the subcontracts on facility management, cleaning, security guard services and utilities, ensuring compliance with relevant legislation and WHO standards.
- Manages and coordinates the asset management including receiving, recording and disposal of fixed assets.
- Manages and coordinates protocol services related to visa/residency formalities, customs, ID cards, import of personal effects. Provides advice to staff.
- Coordinates and oversees administrative and logistical support services related to travel, conference/meeting and mail services including logistical arrangements for events, conferences, meetings and training programmes in the WHO Academy Campus.
- Oversee the delivery of IT services including proximity support to staff.
- Coordinates with UNDSS and HQ security Focal Points to ensure the Minimum Operating Security Standards (MOSS) compliance, timely report on security related incidents, disseminate security and travel advisory information and arrange security briefings and training of staff. Act as security focal point and business continuity focal point for the WHO Academy Campus.
- Builds a network of external service providers to ensure the execution of administrative services for the WHO Academy Campus.
- Performs any other duties as required.
Advanced university degree (Master’s level or above) in Engineering, Public or Business Administration, Management or any other related field.
- Certification in project management.
- Contract management certification.
- A minimum of seven years of relevant professional experience managing operations and/or administration.
- Experience using Enterprise Resource Planning Oracle systems or similar packages.
- Experience implementing budgets and work planning.
- Experience in managing diverse teams.
- Experience working at the international level.
- Experience in WHO or UN procurement rules and procedures.
- Experience in running Request for Proposals (RFPs) and monitoring the delivery of outsourced service providers.
- Experience in working in WHO and/or the UN system.
- Experience in working in a multicultural environment.
- Excellent knowledge of procurement, contract management, project management and vendor management.
- Excellent knowledge of facilities management best practices.
- Thorough knowledge of budget and risk management.
- Strong expertise in managing and implementing administrative processes.
Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
Ensuring the effective use of resources
Building and promoting partnerships across the organization and beyond
Creating an empowering and motivating environment
Use of Language Skills
- Expert knowledge of English.
- Expert knowledge of French.
WHO salaries for staff in the Professional category are calculated in US dollars. The remuneration for the above position comprises an annual base salary starting at USD 77,326 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable), a variable post adjustment, which reflects the cost of living in a particular duty station, and currently amounts to USD 3099 per month for the duty station indicated above. Other benefits include 30 days of annual leave, allowances for dependent family members, home leave, and an education grant for dependent children.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in France, please click here: UN jobs in France