- Country: Paris, France
- No of vacancies: N/A
- Salary: N/A
- Organization: UNHCR
- Gender: Both
- Deadline: December 21, 2023
- Develop good working relationships with UNHCR’s interlocutors in the RSD field (French Office for the Protection of Refugees and Stateless Persons, National Court of Asylum, lawyers, academics, NGOs involved in RSD activities in France) and maintain close contacts with them in order to positively influence RSD practice in France and promote UNHCR protection guidelines.
- Ensure the management (including coordination of the administrative management) and the provision of specialised guidance to a pool of French consultants designated by UNHCR at the National Court of Asylum and supervise the activities of the protection clerk related to it.
- Prepare and deliver training courses to the UNHCR consultants involved at the National Court of Asylum as well as the relevant authorities and NGOs.
- Monitor the work of the consultants designated by UNHCR and identify possible gaps in the decision-making and avenues to modernize practices in line with international standards.
- Attend the Court session as a judge and promote the principles and guidelines published by UNHCR.
- Analyse reports, statistics, legal developments on asylum in France and in Europe and provide legal commentaries.
- Contribute to quality assurance measures for the first and second instance asylum procedures.
- Assist in drafting policy papers, briefing notes and reports.
- Monitor the situation of reception conditions in overseas territories, especially in French Guyana and Mayotte and maintain strong cooperation with authorities and operational partners.
- Support the identification and management of risks and seek to seize opportunities impacting objectives in the area of responsibility. Ensure decision making in risk based in the functional area of work. Raise risks, issues and concerns to a supervisor or to relevant functional colleague(s).
- Perform other related duties as required.
Years of Experience / Degree Level
For P3 – 6 years relevant experience with Undergraduate degree; or 5 years relevant experience with Graduate degree; or 4 years relevant experience with Doctorate degree
Field(s) of Education
Law; or other relevant field.
Certificates and/or Licenses
HCR RSD Learning Program
(Certificates and Licenses marked with an asterisk* are essential)
Relevant Job Experience
In-depth knowledge of French domestic law (particularly administrative, aliens and refugee law), to be able to provide specialist guidance to the adjudicators, many of whom are experienced Law professors. Proven professional experience in dealing with eligibility and legal issues and procedures concerning aliens and refugees in France, to be able to provide specialized quality advice.
Previous experience in training on RSD is an important asset.
PR-RSD – Principles and Procedures, operational arrangements/assistance
LE-Drafting & development of data protection policies & guidelines based on best practices
(Functional Skills marked with an asterisk* are essential)
Essential: English (C1) and French (C2).
If you are looking for more UN jobs in France, please click here: UN jobs in France