- Country: Istanbul, Turkey
- No of vacancies: N/A
- Salary: N/A
- Organization: UNDP
- Gender: Both
- Deadline: 2023-12-15
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the overall supervision of Operations Manager and daily reporting/oversight of the ECARO ICT Specialist, the consultant will be responsible for supporting on the following tasks:
1. Support the ECARO in the implementation of new technologies in accordance with corporate information management and technology standards, guidelines and procedures.
- Provide support to ECA region relating to ICT or InfoSec issues and problems
- Provide timely and technically viable solutions for efficient ICT functionality
2. Support in the scheduling, participation and follow up of all ICT meetings involving ECARO
- Setup and host critical ECARO video conference meeting
- Train and support ECARO users about Video conference meeting
- Administer regular weekly meetings for ICT Team in ECARO
3. Ensure effective functioning of the RO hardware and software
- Review hardware/software used in office and identify upgrades required to:
- Develop plan to upgrade hardware/software systems with schedule and initiate implementation.
- As required also provide technical guidance on procurement of ICT equipment and support in the overall procurement process.
- Provide support for ICT asset management.
- Install the official HQ OS on all devices and ensure they are synced to the organization cloud
- Provide support with finding the needed software and manage the installing
4. Ensure efficient networks administration
- Review network utility procedures, defining network users and security attributes.
- Develop plan to coordinate and centralize all online business processes online whist ensuring all security processes are in place, Cloud and web-based systems are implemented, and training is provided as required for ECARO.
- Develop 2024 plan to upgrade networks and online functioning of business processes using existing UN Women applications with schedule and initiate implementation.
- Coordinate with HQ and partners to support network services.
- Develop short videos and other training materials for staff about ECARO ICT Applications such as (GST, DocuSign etc. ).
- Present Induction training new ECARO Staff about ECARO ICT Services.
- Ensure consolidation of all ICT training materials in SharePoint
5. Monitor the InfoSec Compliance of ECA RO and ECA Country offices
- Provide support for ECA RO and country offices in the region to guarantee HQ InfoSec compliance rate is above the threshold of minimum-security requirements.
- The consultant will at any time provide support in any ICT related areas to ECARO and the region as requested by the ECARO Operations Manager.
- The consultant will also be in regular communication on all related activities with the ECARO HQ ICT Specialist.
Duration of this assignment is proposed for 6 Months as per the above dates.
The Consultant is expected to invest 20 working days per month for this Assignment. The following table summarizes main activities and expected deliverables against deadlines and indicative working days to be invested by the Consultant.
|Amount of payment
|Monthly review and as required update of Workplan
Summary report of tasks performed under expected duties and responsibilities
|On a monthly basis, by 25th of every month
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Leading by Example
- Good team player
- Being able to work under strict deadlines
- Excellent knowledge of computer networks, LAN devices (Switch, Wi-Fi, etc.) Microsoft Windows Operating Systems, Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook etc.).
- Excellent knowledge of Corporate ICT security (Firewall, IPS, VPN, Electronic Signature etc.) and malware protection systems.
- Excellent PC hardware troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning Software, SharePoint services;
- Excellent knowledge of video conferencing Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Google Meet, etc.) and telecommunication (Satellite phone etc.).
- Ability to review a variety of data, identify and adjust discrepancies.
- Ability to provide input to business processes re-engineering, elaboration and implementation of new systems.
- Ability to provide advice and guidance.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field.
- At least 3 years of progressively responsible experience in network administration and use of hardware/software, telecommunications facilities.
- Knowledge of UN Women ICT functions and applications considered an asset.
- Knowledge of UN Women network administration and use of hardware/software, telecommunications facilities.
- Basis to advance knowledge in MS Azure
- Certification in Networking such as Cisco or other required.
- Experience as Network support engineer required.
- Knowledge of programming languages such as Java, Python, SQL considered an advantage.
- Knowledge of graphics packages (Photoshop/Affinity) considered an advantage.
- Knowledge of MS Power BI considered an advantage.
- Knowledge of MS PowerApps considered an advantage.
Language and other skills:
- Fluency in spoken and written English is required;
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Turkey, please click here: UN jobs in Turkey