- Country: Bogota, Colombia
- No of vacancies: N/A
- Salary: N/A
- Organization: NRC
- Gender: Both
- Deadline: 2024-01-05
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organization’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity, and accountability. These attitudes and beliefs shall guide our actions and relationships.
What we are looking forThe Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is looking for an experienced, dynamic, and highly strategical individual to take up the role of Regional Education Adviser for Latin America who will be is the organisation’s regional expert within the core competence, working across the region, and with a matrix professional relationship to the core competency specialists in the Programme Development and Support Section.
What you will do
- Responsible for the provision of strategic advice and guidance to the Country Offices in relation to the core competency to ensure that NRC delivers high quality, effective and relevant programming.
- Accountable for the capacity development along the technical reporting lines (to COs and RO) within the Education core competency including the mentoring and development of key staff in the country offices. Responsible for the recruitment of in-country Education CC specialists together with Heads of Programme and contribute to the recruitment and induction of appropriately qualified core competency staff.
- Responsible for the further development of NRC’s country office Education programmes through innovation and adaptation ensuring that NRC remains a relevant actor.
- Contribute to the identification and utilization of programmatic synergies between Education and the other core competencies as well as the development areas through the integrated programme approach.
- Responsible for the documentation, analysing and dissemination of Education learning from the country programs including the sharing of best practices, resources and tools ensuring coherence, efficiency and effectiveness of the operation.
- Responsible for the networking and representation of NRC in regional policy debates in relation to Education.
What you will bring
- Minimum 5 years of relevant professional experience as a manager within the humanitarian field, including (ideally) experience of working as an adviser
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts, and ability to work independently in a result oriented, multi-cultural environment and manage conflicting priorities.
- High level of professional expertise in an area relevant to the core competence of ICLA, in particular relevant knowledge and expertise of national and international legal frameworks impacting on displaced people
- Experience in drafting and encouraging implementation of policy/strategic guidance, and developing practical tools and resources
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Able to represent organisation at a strategic level
- Fluency in English and Spanish, both written and verbal
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Colombia, please click here: UN jobs in Colombia