- Country: Bogota, Colombia
- No of vacancies: N/A
- Salary: N/A
- Organization: NRC
- Gender: Both
- Deadline: 2024-01-05
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organization’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity, and accountability. These attitudes and beliefs shall guide our actions and relationships.
What we are looking forThe Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is looking for an experienced, dynamic, and highly strategical individual to take up the role of Regional Safe and Inclusive Programming Adviser for Latin America who will be responsible for facilitating and coordinating the roll-out of the Minimum Standards for Safe and Inclusive Programming as well as supporting their institutionalisation/integration into the Country Offices and Regional Office systems.
Particular focus will be:
- To support Country Offices in Latin America with the implementation of their 2024 Action Plans on Safe and Inclusive Programming, that have recently been developed, including through the delivery of capacity-building interventions in the different Country Offices.
- Ensure sustainability and further institutionalisation of Safe and Inclusive Programming across Country Offices and the Regional Office (including through Training of Trainers and the integration of SIP into NRC’s ways of working).
What you will do
- Contribute to the development of policies and strategies related to SIP. Contribute to development of Programme Policy and related governing documents to reflect new needs and emerging humanitarian trends.
- Support the implementation of the Country Offices Action Plans on Safe and Inclusive Programming in the country offices of LARO. This may include capacity-building, contextualisation/development of tools, and ad hoc support and mentoring.
- Roll-out in-person and online trainings in Spanish to facilitate the roll-out of the SIP Minimum Standards.
- Provide capacity building (including Training of Trainers) and mentoring of Country Office focal points related to Safe and Inclusive Programming and the application of the Minimum Standards during the PCM.
- Capacity-building of Regional CC/Thematic Advisers on SIP, with a view to cascade learning across their departments in the region.
- Coordinate, analyse, monitor, and report on the Country Office SIP Action Plans and integration into Country Office Strategies for the region.
What you will bring
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience within the area of protection (mainstreaming). This also includes working experience in the areas of gender, age, diversity mainstreaming, disability inclusion, protection, child protection, gender-based violence, and community engagement.
- Strong knowledge of global protection mainstreaming standards and relevant bodies of international law (international human rights law, international humanitarian law and refugee law).
- Master’s degree in related field (desirable).
- Fluency both in English and Spanish, written and verbal proficiency
- Experience in developing and delivering high quality protection-related training and tools to support practical implementation of protection standards
- Strong communication skills and ability to build trust and confidently navigate both internally and externally at different levels.
- Skills related to and/or experience from driving organisational change processes
- Ability to think strategically and constructively and to apply these skills in developing policy frameworks and guidelines to support institutionalization of protection mainstreaming.
- Experience in working with partners and supporting development of their organisational and programmatic protection capacities.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Colombia, please click here: UN jobs in Colombia