- Country: Tortous, Syria
- No of vacancies: N/A
- Salary: N/A
- Organization: UNICEF
- Gender: Both
- Deadline: 2023-12-23
Purpose of the Job
Under the support and guidance of the supervisor, the Health & Nutrition Officer provides professional technical assistance and support for programme/project design, planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluation, and administration of programme/project activities, including data analysis, progress reporting, knowledge networking and capacity building, in support of achievement of planned objectives of the work plan, aligned with Health & Nutrition programmes’ goals and strategy.
Key End Results
1. Accurate information, data analysis, and documentation are timely made available to support situation analysis, sectoral input, and reporting.
2. Technical assistance are provided to the development and implementation of integrated Health & Nutrition strategies and approaches through participation and collaboration with internal and external partners.
3. Work plan and objectives are effectively established, and planned results are timely delivered through technical support and coordination in consultation with all relevant partners.
4. Project efficiency and effectiveness are enhanced through effective implementation follow-up.
5. Project implementation progress is monitored for adjustment and improvement of program delivery and sustainability. Gender sex aggregated data and inputs provided relevant to the Health & Nutrition programme
6. Transparency is ensured for supply and non-supply assistance and disbursement of programme funds for Health & Nutrition.
7. Effective partnership and working relationships are maintained for advocacy, technical coordination, information sharing and knowledge networking.
8. Up-to-date programme information is kept available, and reports prepared and shared with relevant stakeholders as required to support the Health & Nutrition programmes by the effective implementation of integrated monitoring system.
9. Emergency preparedness is maintained, and in emergencies, emergency responses with
effective coordination is provided and in line with the Core Commitments for Children (CCCs) in Humanitarian Action, partnerships with the Health and Nutrition humanitarian actors strengthened within the Inter-Agency Standing Committee (IASC).
10. Other assigned duties and responsibilities are effectively accomplished.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
• A university degree is required in one of the areas that are relevant to the work of the organization, preferred areas Public Health, Health, Nutrition, Medical Sciences, Pharmacy, or any other area that is considered relevant to the responsibilities described in the vacancy announcement is required.
• A minimum of two (2) years of professional experience in one or more of the following areas is required: planning, programming, implementation monitoring, and evaluation of health and/or nutrition programmes is required.
• Professional work experience in a programme management function or a technical expert capacity in child survival, health care, and/or nutrition is required.
• Field work experience is required.
• Background or familiarity with emergency is required.
• Supervisory experience will be an advantage.
• Experience working with the UN, UNICEF or humanitarian organizations will be an asset.
• Previous experience in the coastal area of the country will be an advantage.
• Fluency in English is required; knowledge of Arabic will be advantage.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Syria, please click here: UN jobs in Syria