- Country: Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- No of vacancies: N/A
- Salary: N/A
- Organization: UNDP
- Gender: Both
- Deadline: 2023-12-27
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Design and develop programme strategies in the area of Women, Peace and Security
- Design and formulate programme/ project proposals and initiatives;
- Draft inputs to country strategy documents, briefs, policy dialogue and other documents related to Women Peace and Security
2. Manage the implementation and management of the Women, Peace and Security programme
- Finalize the annual workplan and budget and manage their implementation;
- Manage the technical implementation of the programme/project; ensure synergies with other teams;
- Manage the submission of implementing partner financial and narrative reports;
- Provide guidance to personnel and partners on Results Based Management tools and performance indicators;
- Organize Project Steering Committee, project review and/or evaluation meetings, as needed.
3. Manage technical assistance and capacity development to project/programme partners
- Manage the implementation of technical advice and guidance.
- Develop and implement technical tools, and initiatives
- Build and manage relationships with national partners to support implementation and expansion of the Women, Peace and Security programme; respond to any potential problems;
- Identify capacity building needs of partners and lead the coordination of technical assistance, mentoring, training
- and capacity development initiatives to partners.
4. Manage the monitoring and reporting of the programme/ project
- Manage the monitoring of programme/ project implementation and finances using results based management tools;
- Oversee field missions and review reports on monitoring missions;
- Write quarterly reports and donor reports, focusing on results, output and outcomes;
- Contribute to office donor and UN Women reports.
5. Manage the people and financial resources of the [thematic area] programme
- Manage the programme budget and draft financial reports;
- Supervise Programme Analysts and Technical Specialists;
- Mentor and coach personnel and conduct performance assessments;
- Oversee recruitment processes, as necessary.
6. Build partnerships and support in developing resource mobilization strategies
- Develop and implement partnerships and resource mobilization strategies;
- Finalize relevant documentation on donors and potential opportunities for resource mobilization;
- Analyze and research information on donors, prepare substantive briefs on possible areas of cooperation, identification of opportunities for cost sharing.
7. Contribute to inter-agency coordination on [thematic area] to achieve coherence and alignment of UN Women programmes with other partners in the country
- Provide substantive technical support to the Representative and Programme Specialist on inter-agency coordination related activities by drafting background reports and briefs.
- Working closely with the partner agencies to achieve synergies and coherence in the implementation of joint programmes and initiatives
8. Manage advocacy, knowledge building and communication efforts
- Develop and review background documents, briefs and presentations related to Women Peace and Security;
- Represent UN Women in meetings and policy dialogues on issues related to Women, Peace and Security as necessary;
- Develop advocacy strategies and oversee their implementation;
- Identify best practices and lessons learned to guide programme improvement and strategy planning;
- Develop knowledge management strategies, products and methodologies on Women, Peace and Security.
- Good programme formulation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation skills
- Good knowledge of Results Based Management
- Ability to gather and interpret data, reach logical conclusions and present findings and recommendations
- Good analytical skills
- Good knowledge of gender equality, women peace and security, gender responsive governance, gender institutional mechanisms, women’s civil society organizations
- Ability to identify and analyze trends, opportunities and threats to programme implementation, partnerships and fundraising
Required Skills and Experience
Education and certification:
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Bosnia and Herzegovina, please click here: UN jobs in Bosnia and Herzegovina