- Organization: UNHCR – United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees
- Location: N’Djamena
- Grade: Administrative support – Administrative Services and Support – Generally no need for Higher Education
- Occupational Groups:
- Operations and Administrations
- Administrative support
- Closing Date: JUNE 5 2023
The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) is a worldwide organization dedicated to saving lives, protecting rights, and building a better future for refugees, forcibly displaced communities, and stateless people. They work to make sure that everyone has the right to seek asylum and find safe refuge, having fled violence, persecution, or war at home. UNHCR has been setting essential protection and assistance to refugees, asylum-seekers, internally displaced, and stateless people since 1950. They have a presence in many countries around the world, and give information and assistance to refugees, asylum-seekers, and stateless people.
The duties for Admin Assistant at UNHCR Chad are :
- Set appointments/meetings both internal and external, some involving high-ranking officials.
- Receive visitors, place and screen telephone calls, respond to routine requests for data and take notes at meetings as and when needed.
- Keep hard and electronic office files and records; classify and code material relating to a variety of topics;
- Receive, review, sort, and distribute all incoming and outgoing correspondence, office pouch, and material, highlight priority items and attach necessary background information.
- Keep a follow-up system.
- May be demanded to maintain/update confidential files.
- Draft routine resemblance, memoranda, and reports. Format more complex documents by using the appropriate technology.
- Simplify implementation of Personnel administrative formalities and processing of documents in relation to official travels, leaves, and movements of staff. Support staff members with processing personnel-related documentation.
- Sustain office inventory and stocks of office supplies. Monitor the asset management track to ensure all admin procurements and disposal of UNHCR property are done and recorded accurately.
- Help the supervisor to monitor and record expenditure/disbursement of funds.
- Following instructions from the director make logistic and administrative arrangements for seminars, workshops, and briefings that may be required by the Office/Division.
- May regulate and observe routine provision of services and/or shifts from providers, as and when applicable;
- Monitor office/compound facilities and equipment and in consultation with the supervisor take appropriate action to assure proper functioning at all time.
APPLY ALSO: Senior Administrative Asst at UNHCR
The requirements for Admin Assistant at UNHCR Chad are :
- 1 year relevant background with High School Diploma; or Bachelor or equivalent or higher Field(s) of Education N / A Certificates and/or Licenses Business Administration, Finance, Office Management, Human Resources or other connected
- For International Professional and Field Service positions: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
- For National Professional jobs: Command of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
- For General Service jobs: Command of English and/or UN working language of the task station if not English.