- Organization: UNICEF – United Nations Children’s Fund
- Location: Damascus
- Grade: Administrative support – GS-5/GS-6, General Service – No need for Higher Education – Locally recruited position
- Occupational Groups:
- Operations and Administrations
- Human Resources
- Administrative support
- Banking and Finance
- Closing Date: 2023-05-08
UNICEF, or the United Nations Children’s Fund, is an agency of the United Nations that donate humanitarian and developmental support to children over the world. It was originally initiated in 1946 to give emergency food and healthcare to children and mothers in countries devastated by World War II. UNICEF works in over 190 countries and territories to defend the rights of every child, especially those who are vulnerable . Its activities include giving immunizations, disease prevention, and treatment for children and mothers with HIV, as well as strengthening childhood and maternal health. UNICEF relies whole on voluntary contributions from governments and private donors.
General Administrative responsibilities:
- Keep hard and electronic files and update data base systems ensuring timely and appropriate recording, safekeeping and disposal of personal information
General Financial responsibilities
- Reply to client transaction status and other inquiries.
- Invoice enrollment focal point between Admin and Finance
Master Data Management (MDM)
- Acts as Syria Country Office Local Focal Point for Master Data Management (Cash on Hand Account (COHA)).
- Keep amounts records / filing, Keep electronic for payments/liquidations.
Asset & Lite Asset Master Records (AMRs)
- Executes the tasks of asset counter which is related to Asset mid-year and end year count for the office.
- Provides that all office Assets & lite AMR are updated in “Vision” system in coordination with the Information & Communication Team (ICT).
Meetings & Workshops
- Takes minutes of meetings, ensuring accuracy, attention to detail and coherence.
- Arrange all internal office meetings for the sections.
APPLY ALSO: Driver UNHCR
- Completion of secondary education, preferably increased by technical or university courses related to the work of the organization.
- A minimum of 5 years of progressively accountable executive or clerical work experience.
- Proficiency in English. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local speech is support.