- Organization: ACTED – Agency for Technical Cooperation and Development
- Location: Kabul
- Grade: Mid level – Mid level
- Occupational Groups:
- Project and Programme Management
- Managerial positions
- Closing Date: 2023-04-24
AGORA, a joint venture between ACTED and IMPACT Initiatives, was created in 2016 to ground humanitarian and development work in local knowledge, in keeping with the motto « Think local, Act global ». AGORA is an area-based approach for aid planning and delivery anchored in local territories and knowledge to better support people in protracted crises or fragile contexts.
It has four objectives:
• Delivering quality evidence-based programming better tailored to each context
• Ensuring that programs are locally led by empowering local actors and communities throughout the project cycle.
• Delivering aid effectively across sectors through a Nexus approach.
• Linking local actors with external actors with resources and capacity to help them develop and implement environmentally sound local recovery and resilience solutions.
AGORA puts local people and actors at the center by using territories as the basis for the planning, and delivery of assistance, and ensuring that action is guided by local knowledge and supports local structures and capacities.
AGORA has already been piloted in nine countries through thirteen projects, reaching an estimated 963 210 direct beneficiaries, and supporting 791 organizations. In Afghanistan, the approach has been implemented since 2018 in four provinces of the North.
ACTED and IMPACT have decided to strengthen and expand their AGORA joint venture in Afghanistan based on lessons learned from the implementation of AGORA in country since 2018.
You will be in charge of
The Afghanistan AGORA Program Coordinator coordinates the development and implementation of all AGORA projects in the country across relevant ACTED and IMPACT staff and units, and supports the mainstreaming of the approach into the mission’s strategic frameworks.
1. Strategy and Project Development
- Strategy Development.
- External Relations
- Proposal Development
2. AGORA Project cycle Follow-up
- AGORA Project Planning
- AGORA Project Implementation Follow-up
- AGORA Project Quality Control and Capitalization
- Implementing Partners
- External Relations
2. Guidance Development and Research
- Guidance Development
3. Management and Internal Coordination
- Staff Management
- Internal Coordination and Communication
Expected skills and qualifications
- At least four years of field experience in program management and coordination
- Demonstrated communication and organizational skills
- Ability to train, mobilize, and manage experienced staff;
- Flexibility and ability to multi-task under pressure;
- Ability to work well in unstable and frequently changing security environments;
- Willingness to work and live in often remote areas under basic conditions;
- Proven ability to work creatively and independently both in the field and in the office;
- Salary between 2700 and 2900€ monthly (before income tax), depending on the level of education, security level, etc as well as a monthly living allowance of $300
- Accommodation and food provided in ACTED guesthouse
- Pension, health insurance, life insurance and repatriation assistance (& unemployment insurance for EU citizens)
- Flight tickets every 6 months & visa fees covered
- Contribution to the luggage transportation: up to 100 kgs, depending on the length of the contract
- Rest & Recuperation (R&R) every 2 months, flight tickets covered up to $500 and allowance of $200
- Annual leave of 25 to 43 days per year
- One week pre-departure training in ACTED HQ, including a 3-days in situ security training • Tax advice (free 30-minute call with a tax consultant)
- Psychological assistance
Please send your application (CV and letter of motivation) by email (email@example.com) including the reference: AGORA PC/AFG
Please note that ACTED will never charge a fee for the recruitment process.