- Organization: FAO – Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
- Location: Dakar
- Grade: Consultancy – Consultant – Contractors Agreement
- Occupational Groups:
- Agriculture and Forestry
- Project and Programme Management
- Managerial positions
- Closing Date: 2023-06-09
The United Nations’ Food and Agriculture Organization is known as FAO. It is a specialized organization of the UN that focuses on global initiatives to end hunger through advancing agriculture. The goal of FAO is to promote sustainable agricultural development, enhance nutrition, and support the lives of rural communities in order to create a world free from hunger, malnutrition, and poverty. The FAO offers member nations technical assistance, gathers and disseminates data, and offers a venue for discussion on matters pertaining to food and agriculture. Additionally, FAO is in the forefront of global initiatives to promote sustainable agriculture and fight hunger and malnutrition.
The duties for Agricultural Programme Coordinator at FAO are :
- Provides sufficient team leadership of the Agricultural Unit, supporting, coordination and facilitation of technical inputs, providing overall management support and technical oversight
- Implements and surveys the Agricultural Unit work programme involving the conception and development of projects, strategies, technical notes, policy brief, etc.
- Provides technical help/analysis to various assessments, studies and initiatives and provides technical backstopping to field projects.
- Helps capacity development activities in Member Countries involving the provision of advice, technical assistance projects, training workshops, seminars, and meetings as well as oversees the development of related materials, online tools and information kits.
- Contributes in technical support to the decentralized offices in the development and implementation of the projects and programmes designated to the Agricultural Unit.
- Oversees the implementation of the Agricultural project portfolio in consultation with the country offices
- Leads the performance of the Agricultural Unit programme in consultation with the Agricultural Officer;
Organizes and oversees the work of the Agricultural Unit consultants, ensuring quality assurance activities
- Partakes in programme formulation team, meetings, and conferences preparation and reporting
- Advances country and regional-level partnerships as a mechanism to increase capacity to deliver high-quality products;
- Manages the growth and production of capacity-building and communication products.
- Reports on progress against plans agreed outputs, and challenges;
APPLY ALSO: Advocacy Officer at WFP Senegal
The requirements for Agricultural Programme Coordinator at FAO are :
- Advanced university degree in agronomy or a connected major.
- Five years of appropriate background in programme coordination in both development and research contexts
- Working knowledge (level C) of French and limited understanding (level B) of English, For PSA, working knowledge of English or French.
- Work background in more than one location or area of work, particularly in field positions is essential
- Extent and relevance of background in developing and delivering programmes of work or projects related to sustainable plant production
- Extent and applicability of knowledge of the linkages between field, national and regional programs as a basis for community growth for sustainable production systems;
- Illustrated experience in collecting, analyzing and disseminating technical information and data.
- Background in the preparation, editing and revision of technical/scientific documents and in organizing meetings and workshops