- Organization: UNHCR – United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees
- Location: Budapest
- Grade: Level not specified – Level not specified
- Occupational Groups:
- Closing Date: 18 MAY 2023
The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) is a UN body tasked with providing assistance and protection to refugees, members of forcibly displaced groups, and stateless individuals as well as helping them return home voluntarily, integrate locally, or be resettled in another nation. It was founded on December 14, 1950, to replace the older United Nations Relief and Rehabilitation Administration, and has its main office in Geneva, Switzerland. UNHCR is charged with directing and coordinating global efforts to safeguard refugees and address their issues. It belongs to the United Nations Development Group, a group of businesses committed to sustainable growth. Two Nobel Peace Prizes—in 1954 and 1981—as well as the 1991 Prince of Asturias Award for International Cooperation have been given to UNHCR.
The duties for Architect Associate at UNHCR Hungary are:
- Design and update HQs building floor plans and architectural designs by hand and using a Computer Assisted Design Software Application (ARCHICAD), to keep up with the ongoing staff location changes, new office space configurations and building works and/or improvements.
- Keep the preparation of a detailed a schedule of works with the support of the maintenance team and technicians, vendors and service providers and ensures staff are leaked on the forthcoming moves, to minimize disruptions and to make the best use of the General Infrastructure Section¿s (GIS) team. Manage individual requests regarding workspace and holds discussions, meetings and negotiations on office space matters with Administrative Officers, Chiefs, Heads and Deputies of Units/Desks/Sections/Services/Divisions.
- Spread and explain the plans to concerned staff for comment and agreement, offers counselling to staff on personal workplace rearrangements, ensuring that required consultations take place between GIS and the concerned parties.
- Keep Security abreast of projects and modifications.
- Keep correspondence related to workspace requests or space planning issues.
- Suggest space optimisation with limited infrastructure modifications.
- Assure the disposal of obsolete furniture and material is timely approved by the authorizing officer or the HAMB and documented in accordance with the provision of UNHCR/AI/2019/6 (and any subsequent revision).
- Help with the identification of potential building relating projects¿ service providers, contractors, or suppliers.
APPLY ALSO: Associate Learning Development Officer
The requirements for Architect Associate at UNHCR Hungary are:
- 3 years appropriate experience with High School Diploma; or 2 years relevant work experience with Bachelor or equivalent or higher
- Minimum 3 years of prior job experience relevant to the function or related field. Training and experience in using ARCHICAD (Computer Assisted Design software). Desirable Experience in an international administration.
- For International Professional and Field Service positions: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
- For National Professional jobs: Command of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
- For General Service positions : Command of English and/or UN working language of the responsibility station if not English.