- Organization: NRC – Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: Arua
- Grade: Mid level – Mid level
- Occupational Groups:
- Project and Programme Management
- Managerial positions
- Closing Date: 2023-05-19
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian association with 75 years of background in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for people affected by displacement. NRC Uganda advocates for the rights of expelled residents and offers assistance through its core competencies (CCs): Protection from Violence, Education, Livelihoods and Economic Inclusion, Information Counselling and Legal Assistance, Shelter & Settlement expansion, and Water, Sanitation & Hygiene.
- Line managing for CC (core competencies) scheme Coordinators in the area.
- Submission and compliance to NRC policies, guidance and procedures.
- Accountable for grant opening meetings and grant closing meetings at area level.
- Provide area-specific input relevant for CC strategies.
- Ensure submission to donor standards, grant management and regular reporting to the donor in the area.
- Identify funding possibilities and develop an area funding strategy along with forecasts for the area.
- Responsible for grant entrance meetings and grant closing meetings at area level.
- Assure compliance with contractual commitments, extract and implement key learnings from project implementation in the area.
- Assure capacity construction of all technical staff.
- Contribute to the growth of area and CC strategies, initiate, and participate in the development of relevant CCs tasks.
APPLY ALSO: ICLA Coordinator Uganda Kampala
- Educated to degree level (Master preferred) in Social work, Development studies, humanitarian studies or a technical capability in one of the NRC core competency areas above (LFS, ICLA, WASH, Education or Protection) with significant background in humanitarian work.
- Post Graduate Qualification in Project Planning and Management with Demonstrated Experience will be added benefit.
- Minimum 8 years background with at least 4 years in a senior program management position in a humanitarian/ recovery context overseeing a varied number of projects with different donors.
- In-depth Understanding of the West Nile Refugee Context.
- Fluency in English, both written and oral.