- Organization: UNHCR – United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees
- Location: Gaziantep
- Grade: Junior level – P-2, International Professional – Internationally recruited position
- Occupational Groups:
- Communication and Public Information
- External Relations, Partnerships and Resource mobilization
- Documentation and Information Management
- Closing Date:
The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) is a worldwide organization dedicated to saving lives, protecting rights, and building a better future for refugees, forcibly displaced communities, and stateless people. They work to make sure that everyone has the right to seek asylum and find safe refuge, having fled violence, persecution, or war at home. UNHCR has been setting essential protection and assistance to refugees, asylum-seekers, internally displaced, and stateless people since 1950. They have a presence in many countries around the world, and give information and assistance to refugees, asylum-seekers, and stateless people.
– Keep abreast of all developments in the country operation/ bureau/ division or other entity to prepare appropriate briefings and reports.
– Draft routine daily, weekly and monthly up-date for internal and exterior audience (including donors and media).
– Consolidate and analyse data on schedule implementation, achievements and indicators in all sectors under AoR in order to facilitate the preparation of regular reports and activity-specific reports as may be required and ensure timeliness of such reports.
– Participate in annual reporting and planning strategy.
– Work near with Information Management to ensure accurate and attractive data presentation, including maps.
– Support the monitoring of UNHCR¿s alliances and consolidate information about Partners¿ activities.
– Assist in the preparation of briefing kits and expressions for missions and visitors.
– Assist in the preparation of reports for donors, in compliance with typical donor requirements. Make efforts to enhance donor satisfaction by ensuring quality reporting on programmatic derivatives to donor. Assist in providing visibility for donors¿ contributions to UNHCR.
– Research/analyse, solve and also, monitor and review information and data from regular and wide variety of sources for internal and exterior reporting.
– Prepare and distribute minutes of meetings.
– Provide technical support, training and clarification on UNHCR¿s saying policies and deadlines.
– May prepare press releases; conceptualize, draft and edit accounts for external communications products and support all aspects of its production, including fact-checking, proofreading and rate control.
APPLY ALSO: Communications Officer UNHCR
- 3 years relevant background with Undergraduate degree; or 2 years relevant experience with Graduate degree; or 1 year appropriate experience with a Doctorate degree
- Background in acting , participating in and reporting on meetings, and drafting reports. Experience in program/project development, planning, implementation, and/or monitoring.
- For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Understanding of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
- For National Professional jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the task station if not English and local language.
- For General Service jobs: Understanding of English and/or UN working language of the task station if not English.