- Organization: IRC – International Rescue Committee
- Location: Dar es Salaam
- Grade: Mid level – Mid level
- Occupational Groups:
- Administrative support
- Education, Learning and Training
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a global humanitarian helps, relief, and improvement non-governmental organization. It was founded in 1933 as the International Relief Association and altered its name in 1942 after amalgamating with the alike Emergency Rescue Committee. The IRC answers to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and assists people to survive and rebuild their lives by restoring health, safety, education, economic wellbeing, and power to mankind. The organization provides assistance in different areas such as primary health care, reproductive health care, environmental health, child survival, blindness treatment and prevention, and assistance for victims of sexual violence. The IRC has a high rating for accountability and finance.
The duties for Assistant Education Officer at IRC are :
- Aid youth living in urban caseload by providing support on scholastic materials when needed and coordinating registration in public primary and secondary schools.
- Assure refugee centers are safe, functional, and provide skills appropriate to the needs of the community.
- Perform home and school visits to urban refugees to assess their education needs and write performance reports to UNHCR.
- Obtain and distribute scholastic materials from UNHCR and other donors.
- Aid the education department under DAFI program during the pre-selection process for DAFI students, including receiving supporting DAFI applications, printing, photocopying, and scanning all required certificates before submitting them to colleges/universities.
- Follow up on permit letters sent to MoHA for renewals and refugee permits and activity permits of those living in Dar es Salaam.
- Help in the documentation of DAFI students’ academic progress results, agreements, and all other important documents.
- Link urban youth with available education opportunities.
Representation and Collaboration:
- Partaking in monthly Education Working Group meetings, presenting project updates, and documenting relevant action points.
- Illustrating the organization during engagement meetings organized by partners and the government in Dar es Salaam, fostering collaboration across other IRC programs.
- Corresponding and integrating the DAFI and urban refugee project with other IRC sectors.
APPLY ALSO: Technical Coordinator at UNDP Sri-Lanka
The requirements for Assistant Education Officer at IRC are :
- Bachelor’s degree in education is needed. Majoring in Guidance and Counselling is desired.
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience in program implementation.
- A commitment to IRC’s mission and humanitarian principles.
- Must have knowledge and ability to support PWs in Inclusive education.
- Receptive to building and sustaining positive relationships with people from all backgrounds, genders, cultures, and viewpoints.
- Background in working with refugee communities desirable.
- Understanding of Education in Emergencies
- Background working with refugees, preferably in an education and counselling capacity.
- Background in community mobilization and coordination.
- Highly cooperative and consultative approach.
- Good IT skills: understanding of MS Word; Excel and Outlook required.
- English and Swahili are demanded. French and Kirundi will be an added advantage.