- Organization: FAO – Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
- Location: Guatemala City
- Grade: Junior level – NO-A, National Professional Officer – Locally recruited position
- Occupational Groups:
- Operations and Administrations
- Administrative support
- Agriculture and Forestry
- Managerial positions
- Closing Date: 2023-05-29
The United Nations’ Food and Agriculture Organization is known as FAO. It is a specialized organization of the UN that focuses on global initiatives to end hunger through advancing agriculture. The goal of FAO is to promote sustainable agricultural development, enhance nutrition, and support the lives of rural communities in order to create a world free from hunger, malnutrition, and poverty. The FAO offers member nations technical assistance, gathers and disseminates data, and offers a venue for discussion on matters pertaining to food and agriculture. Additionally, FAO is in the forefront of global initiatives to promote sustainable agriculture and fight hunger and malnutrition.
The duties for Assistant FAO Representative-Guatemala are:
- Provides support in the areas of management , finance and budgetary control.
- Keeps all financial records and monitoring systems of the office and assists with monitoring of various accounts; leads and/or maintains imprest accounts; ensures that operational expenditures are in accordance with approved budgets and that all committing documents are complete and consistent; and reports variations from budgets.
- Manages the organizational team, assisting with organizing and/or retrieving, entering, selecting and analysing data from a wide variety of sources, including FAO’s corporate systems.
- Prepares economic and administrative correspondence for the office, including the processing of payments in agreement with established rules; maintains a filing system; and ensures that an appropriate paper trail with key documentation is archived.
- Helps with the preparation of recurring reports on programme, project and office accounts; provides support in the practice of reports for budget planning, audits and other related requests; and liaises with local banks and financial institutions.
- Observes the receipt of Government contributions and assures that all procurement and custom clearances for programmes, projects and the office are properly requested and obtained.
- Assures compliance with the Organization’s security guidelines (Minimum Operational Security Standards – MOSS).
APPLY ALSO: Technical Associate WFP Guatemala
The requirements for assistant FAO Representative-Guatemala FAO are:
- Advanced university degree in a major related to business or public administration.
- One year of relevant background in office management, administration, accounting and/or audit, budget or finance.
- Working knowledge (proficient – level C) of Spanish and limited understanding (intermediate – level B) of English.
- Extent and relevance of background in the field of office management and administration including supervisory experience.
- The extent of understanding of UN or standard operational rules and procedures and project/programme administrative management procedures.
- The extent of understanding of FAO’s corporate systems and database, or knowledge of other accounting or financial modules or applications relevant to accounting procedures or project budget management would be considered an asset.
- Illustrated analytical and judgment skills and capability to apply rules and regulations in the subject field.