- Organization: UNHCR – United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees
- Location: Beirut | Tripoli
- Grade: Administrative support – Administrative Services and Support – Generally no need for Higher Education
- Occupational Groups:
- Administrative support
- Information Technology and Computer Science
- Documentation and Information Management
- Closing Date: May 23, 2023
The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) is a worldwide organization dedicated to saving lives, protecting rights, and building a better future for refugees, forcibly displaced communities, and stateless people. They work to make sure that everyone has the right to seek asylum and find safe refuge, having fled violence, persecution, or war at home. UNHCR has been setting essential protection and assistance to refugees, asylum-seekers, internally displaced, and stateless people since 1950. They have a presence in many countries around the world, and give information and assistance to refugees, asylum-seekers, and stateless people.
The duties for Assistant Information Management Officer at UNHCR are:
– Operationalize country-specific standard data standards and encourage them with partners, including UNHCR data standards and the IASC Common Operational Datasets.
– Collect , aggregate and analyze data and information elements required to produce standardized info products and implement data/information collection plans for baseline and context-specific data.
– Support the process in the analysis of processed data and information and perform data quality and consistency rule .
– Simplify the analysis of cross-border information between relevant countries.
– Assist in training staff implicated in information management activities, including data collection and data entry teams.
– Help and leverage geographic data for map production and use in geographic information systems (GIS).
– Share UNHCR data with member agencies and maintain Portal data and information in-line with agreed frequencies.
– Deliver technical Information Management support to Needs Assessment processes, specifically in data compilation, processing/collation, and analysis.
– Liaise with partners and represent UNHCR in meetings related to the functions.
– Make suggestions and provide advice on the technical information management requirements.
– Aid in training of data entry and data collection teams.
– Conduct other related duties as required.
APPLY ALSO: International expert for a training at UNWOMEN
The requirements for Assistant Information Management Officer at UNHCR are:
- For P1/NOA – 1 year appropriate experience with Undergraduate degree; or no experience with Graduate degree; or no background with a Doctorate degree
- Information Technology, Demography, Statistics, Social Sciences or other appropriate field.
- Knowledge of the UN system and the humanitarian community. Ability to formulate IM-related technical needs and Operating Procedures. Experience with handling confidential data and demonstrated understanding of dissimilar data collection methodologies.
- For International Professional and Field Service positions : Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
- For National Professional jobs: Command of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
- For General Service jobs: Command of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.